GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 11:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another ocius sul custom  (Read 1390 times)
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: July 17, 2012, 03:08 PM »

pretty excited to take this out when the wind dies down a bit tonight. 4.8 oz
you get the extra panels on the bottom and the swipes on the wings to custom color now too
i had to make it look the way i wanted in paint and email it to jon
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:20 PM by PUZZLE » Logged

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:24 PM »

Nice color combo.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Oh wow,  that is so much better than the old layout!!  Am going to have to take another looksee at that kite now.  Love the colors you did.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss  Oh Didn't I say she was SWEET.. I luv the colors..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
PUZZLE

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:29 PM »

just got done flying for 3 hours,,,,this kite rocks,, very impressed and yes i love the colors, the black diamond surrounded by white looks pretty cool in a turtle too.
thanks for the kite recommendation Joe.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:22 PM by PUZZLE » Logged

DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50 PM »

One of the prettiest ocius that I have seen!

Sine Metu!
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 02:13 PM »

I have to say that is pretty darn sharp looking!  Nice job!

Ken Bour
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 02:31 PM »

just got done flying for 3 hours,,,,this kite rocks,, very impressed and yes i love the colors, the black diamond surrounded by white looks pretty cool in a turtle too.
thanks for the kite recommendation Joe.
+1 on the striking color combo and thanks for the tip about the panel options. The colorizer has not been updated yet... Lips sealed

As one more SkyBurner fan, I am curious about why you chose an SUL for this particular kite vs. UL and, now that you've taken her out for a spin, can you give us some of the details as to how she "rocks"?

I am a hopeful-to-be-graduated-soon newbie contemplating adding a SkyBurner UL (Ocius or Solus) to my modest collection. I would appreciate knowing your thought process in selecting this model.

Thanks, Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
PUZZLE

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 03:27 PM »

i live in Utah the wind isn't the best, seems like i fly my ul and sul more than my standard. i already have a benson innerspace sul so i got the ocius sul for the more trick ability,
im pretty new to doing slack line tricks but the ones i can do seemed pretty easy on this kite with little wind yesterday

Ken Bour

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 05:17 PM »

i live in Utah the wind isn't the best, seems like i fly my ul and sul more than my standard. i already have a benson innerspace sul so i got the ocius sul for the more trick ability,
im pretty new to doing slack line tricks but the ones i can do seemed pretty easy on this kite with little wind yesterday
Ahhh...may I ask what your UL kite is?

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
PUZZLE

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 05:26 PM »

my ul is a mojo ul it weighs about 6.8 oz if i remember right, i would like to try a wm ul sometime
i also have an easy light thats pretty light
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:34 PM by PUZZLE » Logged

Chadster73

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Looks real sharp!  Now all you need to do is sell everything and just go straight Skyburner kites!  LOL!
Like that's really going to happen right.  Can't wait to see that one in person.
vertigo2u

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Gamelord,

Is it difficult to fly Rev's...??

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Vertigo,
I don't think Jon makes a quad does he?Cheesy:D:D

Sine Metu!
Texanpilot

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 09:11 PM »

But he does make the quad flaps.  Angry

By the way, Vert., I had fun yesterday with the Moonie Exile, so rest assured it's getting airtime.  Smiley

Steady winds, y'all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography