GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 02:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your kite that "saved the world"?  (Read 3389 times)
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« on: July 19, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Seems like the age old conquest is to get the next kite "to save the world".  But that's sort of trite, it's driven some kite makers into extinction and others to put out a new kite every six months.
Each new kite you get teaches you something, and if you go back to your last kite that "saved the world", you realize it probably could do the same things.  The problem was you decided the new kite could do things you couldn't do and you needed to do that "nicknackpattywack" move that the new kite was built to do, so you moved up to the "next kite to save the world."
So the quest of this thread is this. . .
What was the kite that taught you this is the one, it does everything I really it need to do and it makes me happy?
Or have you not arrived and you're still looking. 
Be honest either you have one or two kites that fill the bill Grin, or you are still moving on to the "next kite to save the world".  It can't be both!!! Huh One or two or still looking!
What say you???

I will try to compile a list as we go. . .

Flexifoil Stranger Level 7  x1
BMK - Mojo UL  x2
BMK - Mantis  x1
BMK - Mamba  x1
BMK - 61/49  x1
Will Sturdy Saber II  x1
Benson Gemini  x1
Lam Hoac Transformer  x1
Aerie Kites (BMK) - AirFX UL  x1
AlphaKites TNT  x1
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:24 PM by boomertype » Logged
boomertype

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:16 AM »

You show me yours and I'll show you mine.  Grin
Patient is non-responsive, do not resuscitate.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:18 AM »

Flexifoil Level 7 stranger
Tongue

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ndcmpc
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 09:38 AM »

Sorry, I have four.

Blue Moon Mojo UL: As a new flyer, the first kite I could fly in no wind.  Still delights me every time I fly it.

Blue Moon Mantis:  Spent many hours helping Ken develop and many hours after learning things I never knew how to do.  Still my favorite BM freestyle kite.

Will Sturdy Saber II:  Took me to a new level of flying.  The most capable kite I own.

Blue Moon 61/49: Still the most fun you can have with only one line.

Doug
Blue Moon Geek
61/49: The most fun you can have with only one line
boomertype

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 09:42 AM »

Sorry, I have four.

Blue Moon Mojo UL: As a new flyer, the first kite I could fly in no wind.  Still delights me every time I fly it.

Blue Moon Mantis:  Spent many hours helping Ken develop and many hours after learning things I never knew how to do.  Still my favorite BM freestyle kite.

Will Sturdy Saber II:  Took me to a new level of flying.  The most capable kite I own.

Blue Moon 61/49: Still the most fun you can have with only one line.
You are forgiven my son!  You said BMK x3, a kiter's form of a hail Mary.  Shocked
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Transformer:

I've spent a good deal of time (and money) looking for something that I like better, but its not been fruitfull.  The good news is that I have found a few others that I enjoy.  Smiley

Fearless also does everything that I want it to better than I can.   Overall, I would say it is a better kite than the Trans, but yet when I go out to fly, I tend to pull out the Trans first - it's so much fun to fly and trick.

-Tom
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:55 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Many years ago, but this kite started my love for KMac kites.

AirFX UL (still a truly wonderful kite)

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Rx8doc
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34 PM »

Dam I am old
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 03:00 PM »

I've been flying TNT's for two years now.
Still happy having just them in my bag.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
boomertype

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Now that it's started, I'll jump in with Mamba Std and Mojo UL by Blue Moon Kites.
The Mamba just flies like I feel a kite should fly and respond.  The Mojo UL teaches me things each time I fly it, best UL experience I have ever had.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 03:28 PM »

What was the kite that taught you this is the one, it does everything I really it need to do and it makes me happy?
Benson Phantom Elite UL - I was convinced for a long time that I'd have this kite buried alongside me. This feeling didn't manage to outlast the emergence of some tricks/styles of flying that it couldn't accommodate.
KiteStudio Dot Matrix - just good, old fashioned fun. I've still got three  Wink
Wind Factory Androgyn - brilliant enough, just downright excellent, for me to continue to reach past my Cosmics, Sins and TNTs to get to it.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Right now I only own a Jest Of Eve Talon UL. But... I love it and it has taught me everything I know. I have been flying stunt kites for about a year and a half or so now and the Talon UL is all I have. So that is my kite that saved the world. Although, I did just win a Lumo Kites Dynomite UL and I'm sure that I will love that when I get it. Can't wait to try it out.Cool

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59 PM »

Fearless Std.  The kite that taught me there was hope  Cheesy Cheesy

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Fearli (set) and before that the EXILE which still gets airtime when I can pry it out of Tracey's hands

have fun kurt
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Skyburner Widowmaker- still more in it then I'm capable of. Before that the BMK Exile, also more kite then I am flyer but gets too fast in winds above 9 for me.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum