GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 04:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Latest Greatest  (Read 10284 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

<---used to live to golf... It's cheaper.  I gave up on R/c's cause  I kept crashing so much.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I just get confused on the Std. Ul thing.. I even sked Jon number of times.  It's subjective.  But your right at some point interest do change.  I am getting curious about flying a REV...

Any time you want to swap kites for a week or two let me know.../   I'd like to try a TNT but I live in Sky Burner country.  I think you said once you never flew a Widow Maker.  Wish we had a nice kite borrowing system set up..

But I disagee on one point.  The Weight of the Kite does make a difference.  That is from the Chief...

None of the Top Shelve Kites have any design problems... It's bridle adjustments and weight.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 09:24 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 09:44 AM »

My Trans SUL flys both lower and higher (effectively) than my TNT UL.   I have no idea what they weigh.

Having said that, these kites are much different and have different goals.  In my opinion, TNT is all about smooth moves and transitions in a slower and floaty style and it's about perfect for that.  It also does amazing flat spins like an old school kite (but still all the newer stuff as well).  The Trans tricks faster, more easily, more readily, and tracks much better, but it takes more care  to make it look as smooth as the TNT (or Fearless) does by default.  It's also considerably smaller than the TNT and just feels more agile to me. 

Each is about perfect given the right wind - its just that the right wind range for the Trans is bigger and I prefer it's more active style, so I always pull that one out of the bag.   I do think that the TNT is the finest example of a kite that does both the older flat spin stuff as well as the newer pitch based stuff that I've flown - a category that to me blue moons kites did very very well.

Anyhow, it's all in what you like.    If I could carry them all more easily, I'd likely have more kites.

6 kite tom
vertigo2u

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Sometimes I wish this was all voice and not a few sentences.  So many have so much with little space.  It would be great to have a large discussion on different subjects. 

But my offer still stands to a number of flyer's.. I'd be glad to borrow out and In .. A TNT or Talon, Fearless ..Sea Devil.. You can look in my kite bag see what I have ...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:10 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 04:51 PM »

Hugo is officially MIA.
After sitting for a week in US Customs NY NY, Hugo made it to a USPS sort facility in Jersey City. It departed there Sunday afternoon and hasn't been heard from since. Today the USPS informed me they have no idea where its at.  Roll Eyes

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 11:38 PM »

WTF does that have to do with the Hugo ? You Lamanites need to start your own thread and stop polluting this one with your inane BS.

Denny

Simmah down now Denny....... If you back-read this very thread you will see that the original topic veered off course & you even participated.

It's telling that Adam failed to say anything about the missing Hugo, but he's not really off topic at this point.

I am so sorry about Hugo. Have you been able to get any further information yet?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 06:51 AM »

There sir Dwayne....it's like it never happened.

I skimmed thru the thread and read more about Lams kites than the Hugo.
Also somehow I missed the post about your kite disappearing so I understand your frustration.

This thread was way off topic before my post.

Cheer up.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:54 AM by Adamld13 » Logged

madhabitz

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 12:13 PM »

I've got a couple of kites in transit right now myself. I'm guessing I wouldn't be feeling very cheery if one of them went missing.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 12:14 PM »

The question becomes,

"Where did Hu-go?"

Was the kite insured?

I sincerely hope it turns up unharmed.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 07:53 PM »

...You Lamanites need to start your own thread and stop polluting this one with your inane BS.

That would be a fun discussion!

How many pages you think we could get before it got shut down?

:-)
DWayne

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 05:56 PM »

The good news is Hugo showed up today.
The bad news is $53 priority shipping gets you a 5 day truck ride across the country. I wonder how much I would have had to pay to get it shipped by air ?

Denny

Stuart99
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 06:09 PM »

Next time ship it to me. I'll test it for you and then send it priority to CA from VA (everything I've sent priority from VA to CA, and vise verse, has gone air in 3 days or less).

Grin
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2012, 06:12 PM »

I'm glad it showed up - even insured, the hassle of waiting for a replacement would have been a PITA.

6 kite tom
madhabitz

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2012, 06:29 PM »

So glad the news is good!

DWayne

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 07:57 AM »

I got to spend a couple of hours with Hugo this morning. Its a totally different animal than the TNT. In many ways it reminds me of the Vendetta. Its big, slow, and tracks on rails, though it flies in considerably lower winds and requires less input than the V.
I'll give a more detailed assessment when I get back from the Oregon coast.

Denny

DWayne

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2012, 05:19 AM »

I have to admit the pilot was "not" moving much in the video - it certainly is worth looking at or trying - no SUL needed - just a UL? HMMM ... this I doubt - but interesting kite - just to see how much inferior it is next to the Transformer or Fearless - so we are clear.

When you learn how to fly you'll find that std. and UL kites have a much wider wind window than they did when you were still in the flailing stage.
I started to make a list of all the ways the Transformer is inferior to Hugo but the list got way too long so suffice it to say the Transformer is inferior to Hugo in almost every way conceivable.

Denny
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:45 AM by DWayne » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum