GWTW Forum
December 18, 2014, 01:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Letting My AKA Membership Lapse  (Read 12955 times)
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2012, 10:49 AM »

Yes, if you replace words, the meaning changes; that's how language works.

The Office - Rimshot

and for no apparent reason....

LOL Cats

ATB,
Sam
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2012, 01:36 PM »

SAM,SAM,SAM! As always you nailed it (not sure what but ___)

have fun kurt
SparkieRob
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 01:07 AM »

I joined up. I'm new into kiting, this year and in Australia to boot! Region 13, the rest of the world I think. I don't know of the history or the politics. But if JB is driving I'm coming along! I don't use the term "someone I aspire to be" much but the way John conducts himself is nothing short of an example and I can't wait to meet him and shake his hand.

The 10% discount doesn't hurt either.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

Inbetween Heaven and Earth, there are kites.
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Todd: they = we = spot on.

The primary difference now may be that we have a younger, more tech-savvy and outward-bound perspective from the top down... I posted this on the AKA Facebook page yesterday:

The focus *here* is the AKA, and it's existence as the North American vessel for 50 years of kiting... Stay involved, sharing your favorite kite resources, educating each other, turning new people onto kiting, get them connected with the kite family at large.

Ever onward, I'll just be one of many with the bugle, ideas and a grin... Stay tuned through AKA channels (here, forum, email, Kiting magazine) for projects and ideas that you might have an interest in.

The key here, is that "the AKA" is and always has been a collection of kitefliers who either participate or contribute their time and expertise to necessary organizational or development aspects - many hands and practical (attainable) tasking makes light work if enough folks get involved, I hope to facilitate this process best I can and am looking forward to it.

Huge tip of the hat to Barbara Meyer for taking the helm for these past 3 years... With the help of countless other folks (most of whom are staying on), she has put the AKA in a relatively stable (although lean) position going into 2013 - safe to say it's what we make of it from here, and I'm grateful for the clean start - thank you Barbara.

Most of you know my style - I'm a doer first, lead by example.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Todd: they = we = spot on.

The primary difference now may be that we have a younger, more tech-savvy and outward-bound perspective from the top down..
I wish you the best of luck.....I hope that is what the AKA needs....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53 PM »

For anyone on Facebook who like to see what's flowing on my plate...

https://www.facebook.com/barresij

Gonna give you more insight into my angles, if you're interested.

If not, I hope to meet you on a field sometime. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum