GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 10:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite Addiction  (Read 4785 times)
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 12:47 PM »

Like any other hobby - its always easier to buy than sell. Some kites are collectibles like the Prism Vapor. I keep a Gemini which is a signature kite from well-known pilots I met at events. There is something in business called 6-S. One of the rules is that if you do not use a piece of machinery in a year consider selling it or disposing of it. Obviously not the disposing part for a kite. The kite you see in my profile is obviously from a very well celebrated SLK maker from Canada. Its never been flown and I keep as wall art in my beach house. But if a kite is not wall art, a collectible of some sort or you have not flown it once in a year ... sell it ... someone else probably has a better plan for it ...  Cool Cool Cool. Just my opinion ...

APJ

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Today FedEx delivered a Deep Space purchased from the swap meet.  Grin

When putting the kite away I found a full closet.  Roll Eyes

A quick count totaled 17 kites, 2 kite bags, & trunk full of accessories purchased over the last 11 months. Huh

When did my kite addiction start?    Shocked

Four SUL: Pro wren, Amazing, Air-zero, & Alan Brooks AB+
Six ULís: Mojo UL, Shadow, Zephyr, WM UL & STD, Mongoose UL & STD, Freestylist UL with STD ordered
Other Standards: JJF, Infinity, & Deep Space
And two vented kites: Mantis V2 & Silver Fox Vented

Is there a cure? 

A support group?

Well..... my kite count is now 18.   Roll Eyes

My wive gave me an OK to buy a Talon for my birthday   Grin

This plus my kite buddies are still bring new kites to try at our weekly fly night is telling me its not time for an intervention.  Cool

boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Better keep an eye on her, she's now supporting you being away from the house!!! Shocked
Wayner

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Better keep an eye on her, she's now supporting you being away from the house!!! Shocked

A devious and insightful thought process. I like the way your mind works,
Wayner

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 05:38 PM »

My addiction continues, no new kites but daliy fight time.  Smiley
Even got to know the park groundskeepers on a first name bases. They change the watering and grass cutting schedule to give me flying space   Cool

Las Vegas has high heat warnings today. My addicition said no problem.   Wink

Was at the park at 8:30 (when the wind came up) to noon when I ran out of water. Wind was low, fly the WM UL and Amazing SUL. Did a fair amount to moving. But had good success.

Drank about 3 quarts of water at the park. I drank a full gallon including the water after getting home. Huh  But I feel good. Except for washing 7 water bottles.  Sad

Kipling said their was nothing out in the noon day sun but mad dogs and English men. Guess you could add "and one kite flyer"

I will take it ligher tommorow, don't want to spontaneously combust.  Cheesy  Cheesy

trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34 AM »

i know the feeling Wayner.  90 degrees today, played tennis with the wife,  3 and 6yr old(ok PLAYED is a strong word).  then found some wind in the baseball field to fly the 4d for an hour. on the way home we stopped at my field to check wind there and it was GREAT! my wife offered to leave me there while she got shoes for the kids. i said sure and flew for another 1.5hrs with the zephyr.  went to work and got out at 2AM and as i sit here weather bug says 4mph winds and i just wish my field had LIGHTS!
Wayner

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 04:18 PM »

on the way home we stopped at my field to check wind there and it was GREAT! my wife offered to leave me there while she got shoes for the kids.

What a women. Now if she will approve 4 kite purchases a year, shes a keeper.  Cheesy

went to work and got out at 2AM and as i sit here weather bug says 4mph winds and i just wish my field had LIGHTS!

Now that is a kite addiction.  Grin

I was again out in 100 weather, but it was worth it. Got my 1st JL.  Cool
trigger

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 07:52 AM »

Great work on the jl.... i am far from there  Embarrassed

Yea i have 4 kites since may.... she's a keeper.    The trick is gonna be the b-series rev for my birthday in september   Roll Eyes   

Then i'll be done for the year.    We are talking calander year right? Not fiscal?
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54 AM »

Great work on the jl.... i am far from there  Embarrassed

Yea i have 4 kites since may.... she's a keeper.    The trick is gonna be the b-series rev for my birthday in september   Roll Eyes   

Then i'll be done for the year.    We are talking calander year right? Not fiscal?

Jim, that's a budget, not an addiction. Addiction means you can't stop yourself, even in the face of all reason. C'mon. Man up.  Wink
trigger

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 12:02 PM »

My bad!

Did u see that kite in the Swap?!?   Gotta run!   The plasma bank closes in 20 minute!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayner

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2012, 12:10 PM »

My bad!

Did u see that kite in the Swap?!?   Gotta run!   The plasma bank closes in 20 minute!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Jim you are well on your way to full kite addiction.  Cool

zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 05:00 AM »

I wrote two years ago that I needed to "thin the bag a little".

Bugger. Sad

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 08:23 AM »

lol

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 08:47 AM »

zippy those lines of kites are uneven, better fix that with more kites

zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 09:13 AM »

zippy those lines of kites are uneven, better fix that with more kites
I really don't think things are going to be improved by more kites. Embarrassed

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change