GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 12:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berkeley Kite Festival 2012  (Read 649 times)
SSpooner
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: July 30, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Here is a link to my Berkeley Kite Festival snapshots taken Saturday July 28th.
A really nice day in Berkeley, everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time.

https://plus.google.com/photos/115113718772417355900/albums/5770982851278349153

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 09:09 AM by SSpooner » Logged
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:07 AM »

Thanks for the photos.

I haven't been to the event in several years, but use

to go regularly. Looks like the Mega-Pile of Octopuses

were flying well too.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
SSpooner
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:29 AM »

Thanks for the photos.
I haven't been to the event in several years...

I just call these snapshots...
John, Thank you! Your photo albums are are amazing, you have captured many years of kite history.
Your collection contains many events and includes the most influential people, influential kites and shots that are just beautiful to look at.

I was proud to be wearing a 1996 (10 the Anniversary) Berkeley Kite Festival tee shirt yesterday while flying an my local park.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Thanks for posting these, Steve. Makes me wish I'd gone.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Atmosphere
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Thanks for posting your pics Steve. Like Nancy, I wish I could have made it this year.
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:22 PM »

We had fun this year, didn't seem quite as crowded as past years.  Still hard to find an actual flying spot though.

Clueless festival participant story for this year:  I'm flying/tuning a Flexifoil Hotshot 7-stack on 300+ lb. power kite line, since I rarely have the opportunity to fly these in Sacramento due to their higher wind requirements.  Wind was blowing pretty good and the stack was pulling quite a bit but was still manageable.  I purposely chose a spot way in the back to avoid people, but I should have known better.  A party of 4 teens decides the best spot for a picnic is directly below the stack flying by at 80-100 mph!  Hah, I couldn't believe it myself.  Not 5 minutes earlier they walked right into my flying space with their entry level dual, which was promptly mowed down by the Flexi-stack.  I guess 300+ lb. power kite line will do that. Wink Hey, I tried to warn them.  Funny thing was they still chose to sit directly under the lines that just had obliterated their dual lineset.  Uh... "hello?"

I think they need to hand out "kite flying etiquette" sheets with all the kites they sell @ these things.  Cheesy

-Mike
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Thanks for the pictures.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:12 PM »

Thank you very much Steve,
The photos look great. I expcialy like the shots of the dog park area. Brain Champie flew Ozonejim's Sutton in remembrance.
Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document