GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 07:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mojo quad  (Read 2732 times)
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« on: July 30, 2012, 02:23 PM »

Any opinions on how it compares to a rev?

Sine Metu!
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 03:06 PM »

It's prettier.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+70)

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35 PM »

ive got about twenty different quads it is alot like a rev just alittle bit twitchy but its more like a new tech spirit and a dancer mix i like it alot and i have 57 revs its close one of the better quads

Steve & Sherri
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 01:04 PM »

I am also interested in it.  I don't have any other flyers around here so no peer pressure.   Also havent flown a quad before so i would hate to jump into $400 right away.  I dont see much of any info online though. No reviews either.
country85

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 02:20 PM »

I know the mojo is made by HQ, is it a direct rev knock off or just the same "style" of kite?

Always fly a big kite, The louder the better. That way others can't hear you screaming as it's dragging you down the field!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 02:51 PM »

If you have not seen the Mojo yet then google it...it is no where near a "rev knock off"
Christoph designed a funky kite with this one..

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
country85

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 03:46 PM »

I'll do that. I've seen them on eVil Bay but hadn't really looked into them. Any one here actually own one ?

Always fly a big kite, The louder the better. That way others can't hear you screaming as it's dragging you down the field!
Atmosphere
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 04:31 PM »

I own one.  I'm no quad expert but it seems to fly a bit more twitchy than my friend's Rev 1.5.  It's still a fun kite to fly but if you are just learning like me, I would get a Rev instead. I'm looking for one.
B-13
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 08:11 PM »

What makes the Mojo twitchy is the LE edge construction that does not flex as much as the Rev and the sail is loaded differently.
If you are new to quad lines, i will recommend you a Rev, even the EXP will teach you more on quad control.
The Mojo is an excellent flyer in hands of a more experienced quad line flier but a new one will find it frustrating and might not like quads...and this will be one soul less in the Dark Side  Grin

Proud Member of Kitelife.com #943 Smiley
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+70)

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 03:18 PM »

i see you only have 7 post i have one do you have someone to vouch for you i can send to loan for a couple weeks  i myself think it flys close to a rev but alittle twitchier

ps by no means is it a knock off of a rev hq is a very reputable dealer tim at hq is one of the bestb people you will ever meet 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:20 PM by sunsetflyers » Logged

Steve & Sherri
country85

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 04:00 PM »

i see you only have 7 post i have one do you have someone to vouch for you i can send to loan for a couple weeks  i myself think it flys close to a rev but alittle twitchier

ps by no means is it a knock off of a rev hq is a very reputable dealer tim at hq is one of the bestb people you will ever meet 

I don't really have any one to vouch for me on here, And thanks for the offer but I may just pick one up. The good flying days are few and far between here in central indiana so there's no telling when I'll get to fly again. I don't have  enough experience with quads to trust myself with someone elses kite any way. I flew my 2.5 parafoil yesterday for the first time long enough to just get the hang of it.(I know this types of quads are completely different but just getting the hang of landing with the brake lines is fun) Any one have a mojo up for sale at a reasonable price? lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document