GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I keep getting "Sintaz Error" on my new PC?  (Read 1830 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 31, 2012, 12:42 PM »

Huh Any ideas what this little SINTAX ERROR pop up is trying to tell me on my new Gateway computer?  Undecided Undecided Huh
DUMMA THAN A ROCK OL' SKETCHEEDONNIE BOY...exiled here in GIG HAAAABA?

(I thought SIN TAX was what I paid when I took some of my buddies to a bachlor party at The KUUZZZIE KITTY nightclub on South Tacoma Way...the other day?  Cheesy Grin Shocked

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:44 PM by Sketch » Logged
Sketch

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52 PM »

Do you mean Syntax Error?

YES! I was just razzin with the  SYNTAX spellin'  Lips sealed
Ken Bour

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Huh Any ideas what this little SINTAX ERROR pop up is trying to tell me on my new Gateway computer?  Undecided Undecided Huh

In what context does this error occur? Are you in an application such as Microsoft Word? Can you take a screenshot and post it here? What version of Windows are you running (XP, Vista, 7)?

Have you been able to identify any specific actions that cause the error to display? For example, "Whenever I _____, the error pops up."

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
Sketch

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:24 PM »

I have Window 7....and I notice it from time to time but so far I haven't been able to pin it down exactly what action makes this error  pop up on the screen? Undecided
So far it doesn't seem to cause any noticable problem...thanks for your input and by the way...LOVE YOUR CHOICE OF KITES that you have listed at the bottom of your forum post. Skyburners have always been beautifully designed and built.
Ken Bour

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 02:03 PM »

The next time it happens, it would help if you could take a snapshot of the screen so that we can see what's going on at the time. Context is a lot, if not everything, in diagnosing problems like this one. I know that techies always want to see a cursed screenshot; but, there's actually method in the madness. I help a lot of relatives and the most successful ones are either when I get a screenshot or, even better, I am logged into their PCs remotely using a product such as TeamViewer.

Ken

P.S. Thanks for the kite compliment! If I decide to stick with this hobby (it is intensely more challenging than I first imagined), I have three more I want to add: Solus-UL, Ocius-SUL, and I-Nak. Smiley

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
Sketch

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:23 PM »

Wish I had saved my $$$ and saved for that awesome OCIUS!...ONLY 4.8 ounces...HIGHEST QUALITY FRAME available.
After constantly fiddlin-diddlin' n' tinkering with my new little ECHO....at least I know BIG TIME FOR CERTAIN ...its  HIGH TIME TO REFRAME THAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE ECHO light wind sail with a useable quality n' RIGHT KITE FRAME from Jon & Marieanne sooooooooooooooooon as possible which should really give a much wider wind range plus the ability to utilize longer lines than 35ft...
.but equally more importantly...... improve a much better balanced and stiffer frame. (Humm? May have to also abandon that innovative cutzie but annoying  little flippity floppy sail stand off system on that otherwise nice little no wind flying machine.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:33 PM by Sketch » Logged
Sketch

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Reading this thread reminds me of that time I went to Ikea.
 Lips sealed
LOL!  Wink
Since my last post....I dug through my dwindlin' kite rod supplies and cut down a couple of old preproduction  Beaman Extralight #13 rods...for the main spreader...cut down a couple of slightly stiffer stand off rods for the "cutzie little U shaped standoffs for my new beautiful sailed ECHO!
WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT! Kiss
Surprising these stiffer replacement parts RESULTED IN NO EXTRA WEIGHT GAIN...and took the flippity-floppiness out of the frame considerably. Added a couple of little snap on HQ yo-yo stoppers.
Biggest improvement...CRISPER, MORE ACCURATE AND PRECISE CORNERING, plus giving me considerable more flyable wind speed range on my #50ld. 60 ft. lines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change