GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 04:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memorial Bench for Ozonejim>paypal added  (Read 7418 times)
Revgod
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12 PM »

I am at a loss for words....

Steve's CTR
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Today is a good day to remember our good friend Jim, too.
I miss him!
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 03:43 PM »

Just a quick update;
We are waiting on two additional Merced County board members for a verbal go a head which we should hear from next Wednesday.
Thanks for everyone's help on this.
Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
brian champie
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 02:04 PM »

The Bench has been installed!
 Last Thursday June 27th 5 of Jims friends gathered at Lake Yosemite in Merced Ca. to finalize a year of working on this project.
 George Halpin worked with the parks people and worked out all the details ordered the bench and selected the site.
 The site is beautiful, under a huge shade tree where Jim loved to fly his kites. We put up Jims blk/wht pyro, it flew nicely all day long.
 Big Thanks to George Halpin, Pat Lewis, Anthony Eichele, Dan Burnham who worked tirelessly all day to finish the job. We pulled the form and back filled it around 4pm.
 The parks people would not allow a memorial plaque or inscription of any kind on the bench so it was decided Jims rev, the one he was flying when the accident occurred, be put inside the concrete base and George inscribed the wet cement with the shape of a rev.
  By the way the concrete base was also required by the parks dept. so they wouldn't have use a weed eater to mow under it, they can just drive the big mower around it.

We would like to have a dedication/fun fly/ BBQ in September. It is really a beautiful spot and easy to know why Jim loved it there.
  Reply to this thread if you would like to join us so we can get a head count.

Thanks to everyone that made this project possible.
And thanks to John Chilese for cleaning up the photos and posting them here

https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/2013Kites#5894827007259039042

Brian Champie
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 06:04 PM »

You guys did a great thing, and a big hug from me to you is in order. I'll be down for a Sept. fly. Let me know.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 09:33 PM »

It was worth the effort and all those that donated deserve just as much thanks as us for doing the install.  JOe Public may not know what its for but we, Jim's friends do and thats what matters.  Oh and can't forget to mention that once it was all filled in and done JIm's pyro took the only dive of the day right into the tree above the bench.  I'd say JIm's happy with it Tongue
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 09:07 AM »

Thanks for all the work over the last year to make this happen. Very cool.  Cool

I'll be there for a September event.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Jim Foster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 04:04 PM »

Thanks to all who made donations of money/time/labor to make this happen. Jim was special.

Jim and Lynn Foster

Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Thank You.. I hope to make it in Sept.

have fun kurt
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Thanks for doing this guys..... this is a really special thing. Will try to make it-  life is a bit up in the air at the moment, so we'll see how it goes.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 10:16 AM »

Amazing tribute... especially the personal touch of Jim's Rev and the Rev inscription! ...Perfect!

You guys did such an awesome job... one that will be remembered for many-many years to come!

Thank you for your caring skills!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum