GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom's kid Eli  (Read 1002 times)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: August 01, 2012, 07:40 PM »

I was just looking through some of Tom's (tpatter) videos-- love his style and look at these often. Well, it seems I totally missed this one of Eli. The kid's a phenom. Devin, did you start this early?

Fearless SUL

What gets me is how casual he is-- like it's just routine.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14 PM »

That's from a few years back Roll Eyes

You should see him now,,,,,,,,, Cry  Enough to make an oldtimer cry!

Nice kid though, just like his Dad Wink

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Does he give lessons   Smiley

tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Thanks all! 

I do need to edit and post some more video, I've got some good stuff waiting to be processed -  the Transformer SUL is like an extension to his body!  Smiley

This was a fun day - we always have a good time flying together.  I imagine that it's something we will always do together  at least to some degree and that makes me feel good. 

6 kite tom
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:16 AM »

I can't do a tenth of what he's doing in that video. Maybe it's time to quit, and make room for the next generation. Lips sealed

Just kidding. Jealous, but kidding. Wink

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:17 AM »

Ah yes, I remember that video!
Madhabitz, yes, I started when I was 4, then took about 5 years off to focus only on horn before school. Picked up the lines again around summer going into senior year in HS.

Can't wait to see the video, tom!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ken Bour

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 11:17 AM »

What gets me is how casual he is-- like it's just routine.

It is astounding that Eli achieved such control, dexterity, and finesse over such a large trick arsenal at a young age. One thing is clear - he had a great teacher! The only skill my dad taught me was how not to catch a baseball with my forehead! Embarrassed

Ken
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:27 AM by Ken Bour » Logged

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 11:17 AM »

Hoping some of that video is an invictus ghost! I'll be in Seattle (permanetly) the third week of September, at which time I'll be reclaiming the ghost for myself! (assuming you and Eli have properly trained it in the art of freestyle).
Adamld13

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 11:23 AM »

Some pretty serious skill!

Would that tattoo be the one i own now?  Smiley

ghfisanotti

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:25 AM »

Wow! the kid is a natural! Congratulations Eli (and Tom)!
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 12:17 PM »

Indeed - it is the same one.  Smiley

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Hoping some of that video is an invictus ghost! I'll be in Seattle (permanetly) the third week of September, at which time I'll be reclaiming the ghost for myself! (assuming you and Eli have properly trained it in the art of freestyle).

Thanks again for the loan my friend!  I've been very busy and have just too many new kites, so no video yet. 

It's a sweet kite for sure - I can't wait to see your pinstripe version which I think will really make it pop.

-Tom

6 kite tom
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Anyone want some nice kites for FREE ... I QUIT !!!!  The "Kid" has done me in...
 To late I am burning them .... Then I am off to find a high bridge and end it all... Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Anyone want some nice kites for FREE ... I QUIT !!!!  The "Kid" has done me in...
 To late I am burning them .... Then I am off to find a high bridge and end it all... Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

No Vert!  Don't do it!!!  I heard once that if a kiter does him/herself in, then in the next life, him/her gets to come back as a stunt kite and suffer eternal flailings and nose plants, ad infinitum.

Do you think you could actually take what you been doing to these poor wretched Skyburners?

Think before you leap!  For your own sake, I beg you Tongue

Jim, OUT!

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Adamld13

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Indeed - it is the same one.  Smiley

Cool!  Cool

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography