GWTW Forum
December 18, 2014, 07:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ITW Hydra or HQ Crackerjack  (Read 2702 times)
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 03:20 PM »

I do not believe that one kite is all you need ..... One kite is only is not only a bad idea it's an impossibility.

If this is a kite forum and no-one has flown either of these two (or an l'atelier slash for that matter) here then who exactly is buying these kites !?  Roll Eyes
harveystubbs

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 03:23 PM »

I suspect the HQ will be a one size fits all kite ..... A soul might be an option at this price point but I would still rather save up my money and buy something exotic or buy something exotic at this price second hand  Cool
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Don't know about the crackerjack but I have flown both hydra versions.  Personally I think Paul improved the hydra in the ITW version.  THe original always had a slightly heavy feel to it.  THe ITW hydra seems lighter, more responsive and overall smoother so IMO its worth getting the ITW hydra.  Plus the graphics change make the kite look like its smilin' and happy to be back in production lol.

coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37 AM »

Harvey you may want to look at Kites Anonymous.
     Mike
harveystubbs

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27 AM »

Insert Quote
     Mike

Mike, What do you mean .... Is this for the HQ kite or the slash? Cool
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 12:22 AM »

ordered a Hydra from Steve today... along with a new line set.  I needed the lineset to fly my Fearless (all other sets are in storage... what was I thinking!?).  since I was putting in an order, I figured I'd go for the free shipping and added the Hydra.  It may not get much flight time this summer, but I think it will be nice to add to my collection.  Thanks for all the input (and allowing me to selectively disregard some of the good advice).

jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 01:59 AM »

Insert Quote
     Mike

Mike, What do you mean .... Is this for the HQ kite or the slash? Cool
I hate to do this to you again, but....

"My name is Harvey and......." Cheesy Wink
harveystubbs

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47 AM »

Insert Quote
     Mike

Mike, What do you mean .... Is this for the HQ kite or the slash?
I hate to do this to you again, but....

"My name is Harvey and......."

If you hate to do it then don't ..... very cruel ..... slightly true !  Wink Cool
kepople

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 06:41 AM »

ordered a Hydra from Steve today... along with a new line set.  I needed the lineset to fly my Fearless (all other sets are in storage... what was I thinking!?).  since I was putting in an order, I figured I'd go for the free shipping and added the Hydra.  It may not get much flight time this summer, but I think it will be nice to add to my collection.  Thanks for all the input (and allowing me to selectively disregard some of the good advice).

That free shipping is a great deal.. I did that also one time. I had to order some end caps, so I bought a kite also to get the free shipping :-)

Which color hydra did you order?
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+78)

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 09:21 AM »

steve is the best bought a few kites from him always great

Steve & Sherri
sugarbaker

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 11:34 AM »

I ordered the blue color scheme. Looking forward to receiving it (and my lineset).
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 01:24 PM »

7 Blue photos start at the link below:

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
sugarbaker

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 01:59 PM »

I remember when you originally posted these photos, John. I was so happy to see them because Paul had told me there was a redesign of the panel layout from the original Focus pattern. He also was pleased with how the less expensive framing material was flying (compared to the original skyshark px series/Avia spreaders). He seemed to feel very strongly about making the kite perform well, but still be an obtainable price for a majority of fliers.

I forget how lucky I am to be able to pick up the boutique kites I have in my collection (BMK, Sportkite Design, Skysport Design, Skyburner etc.). I have one of he last Focus badged Jinx that Paul completed... I've wanted a hydra ever since and am happy to have the opportunity to get one (although I miss the old sail pattern and may try to swindle Paul into loaning me the original templates if he has gotten them from Hunter... I'm confident in my own skills enough to put together a hydra to match my jinx color scheme).

Anyway, I'll post some pictures of the hydra when it arrives.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum