GWTW Forum
April 23, 2017, 08:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do YOU store them?  (Read 1299 times)
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 05:32 PM »

Ewww....very cool ideas!!! It will help tremendously with my ocd and stop my eye from twitching Huh I especially like the pics on the sleeves part.

kitemaker Fridolin Anders would always take a picture of his kites in test flight and then laminate them as the pull tab and identifier on the bag....

The only issue was then you had a sleek bag with a 4" square laminated picture tag...they usually got ripped off pretty quickly...

I will admit that a roll up bag, or one with a super wide mouth is preferable in my opinion as you can lay the bag out and see easily what is in front of you.....
a simple tub bag that can hold a bunch might be great, but does not layout the sleeves well.....
Agreed. I have a regular and a mini. They both are great for the field for sure.
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 02:52 AM »

Not necessarily, Scott Hampton draws a picture of what's in his bags, and Robert Brasington has a picture of the kite on the bag, but lately, Ron Gibian's kites have all been in a plain black bag.

And Scott used to do simple bags, Robert black bags too........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
dayhiker
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2017, 03:55 PM »

Still have to come up with some better tag material than light cardboard.  But here's assorted dualies tagged & hung on nails mostly nose down.  The Revs are still on the rack down in the Kite Dungeon......  SHBKF

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
socalman320

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2017, 04:05 PM »

Simple and organized. Nice.
socalman320

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2017, 04:23 PM »

Any Lam Hoac kites?
dayhiker
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45 PM »

There are six of Lam's kites hanging there in the middle of this image to the right of the pink sleeve.  Don't know if you can read the tags in this image but there are four Tekkens - Extra Vented, Vented, Light & SUL, a Sea Devil Light & a Transformer 2 SUL.  Never thought that this many would come my way.  I got three of the Tekkens from a gentleman who said he was switching back to "Frenchies".  After recently getting two Nirvanas I can understand why he might do so.  There are so many cool kites to try.    SHBKF

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
socalman320

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 04:54 PM »

Nice!
If you're looking to relieve yourself of the Tekkens or the SD, pm me anytime.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom