GWTW Forum
December 18, 2014, 05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie wanting to try Stunt Kites......  (Read 4448 times)
molokaiboy
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 02:12 PM »

I found a little parafoil type of dual line kite locally. Are these types "frameless" a good choice for a beginner being it doesn't have a frame to break and making it a little more beginner friendly?

Aloha,
Les
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Go for control - go Rev.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 12:29 AM »

I'd fly Revs more, but my legs still work.  Roll Eyes

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 07:58 AM »

I'd fly Revs more, but my legs still work.  Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 02:47 PM »

I found a little parafoil type of dual line kite locally. Are these types "frameless" a good choice for a beginner being it doesn't have a frame to break and making it a little more beginner friendly?

Aloha,
Les

Yes foil type kites can be a good first kite.

molokaiboy

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 04:00 PM »

Well I ended up buying a Vision kite by Premier. Its a dual line Delta type kite.

Figure since it was here locally it might be a good place to start to get the feel of dual line kites.

Well let you guys know how it works out. Thanks everyone.

Les

edit: link to retailer removed, kite bought at his local kite shop Kite Stop
GWTW encourages all members to support your local kite retailer first - mikenchico

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:49 PM by mikenchico » Logged
molokaiboy

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13 AM »

Well I had a chance to fly my new Vision by Premier yesterday and had a blast. My first few attempts at launching was pretty lame but after a few failed attempts I got it in the air. Didn't have it in the air for long and it plummeted to the ground nose first hehehe this is one pretty durable kite. I was not swayed to give up just yet. After a little while I was soon flying it like a pro, ok maybe not like a pro, but it was definately looking like I knew how to fly.

I started flying back and forth across the sky and from the videos and some light reading I found myself flying to far to the edge of the "wind Window" and my kite would stall. That coupled with the seemingly inconsistent winds made it a little difficult to keep my kite in the air. I never gave up and kept at it and was having a lot of fun. I managed to do a few loops in either direction after an hour or so, started gaining more control over my kite as the winds picked up a little and became more fun.

Will keep at it.

Aloha,
Les
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Didn't have it in the air for long and it plummeted to the ground nose first.

Hey, your first trick, mine too   Cheesy

Well I had a chance to fly my new Vision by Premier yesterday and had a blast.

Sounds like you made great progress on your 1st flight.  Smiley

molokaiboy

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Yes I actually made pretty good progress on my first outing. Its kind of gave me the confidence to believe I can do this transition from RC flying to kites. I think I may actually love both dual line and quads. Well let's just say any kind of kite I am sure I'll enjoy. I even had my son's single line Green Lantern kite up and was having a blast hehehe

I am sure I am goinf to loves this hobby just like my Rc one.

Aloha,
Les
Charles P

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 10:54 PM »

My two cents, buy a Premier Designs Night Hawk, its a relatively inexpensive kite and can take some abuse (though you may want to put some shoe goo or liquid plastic on the nose as that is a problem area on this paricular kite. For the money it is hard to beat its tricking capabilities. Oh and Dual line all the way!   Grin

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
molokaiboy

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Thanks for all the advice and tips guys. I think no matter what kind of kite I fly, I will enjoy it. I think since I don't plan on doing any competition type stuff, and will fly just for the love of flying just like my rc models. I'll love any kite!!

Mahalo,

Les
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum