GWTW Forum
September 21, 2014, 07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: old kites/ Alan Nagao  (Read 1707 times)
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: May 22, 2009, 09:41 PM »

my boss was out garage saleing today, she knows we are always on the lookout for kites we can use as giveaways when we teach someone to fly..  she came home with a brand new Premier LME Falcon..  it has never even been put together and she got it for $3

Anyone here flown this one?  the card says it was designed by Alan Nagao

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 03:02 PM »

just did a quick google no flying info but there is 1 for sale 110 looks like u got a little better than a beater

have fun kurt
vraun
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Talk about coincidence. Alan Nagao was leader of Team High Performance, 3 times (maybe more) world champions for the world cup.
I just saw one of the members, Brian Hirose, on Facebook.

Don't know much about the kite, but Alan designed a few, including the Edge. He liked hard pulling noisy kites.

Vaino
St. Catharines/Niagara
Ontario Canada
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 03:30 AM »

i happen to have a brand new one in my consignment pile.....i did a bit of investigating on it and was not able to find out much either.....
an old friend & biz colleague of Alan's
It looks so very similar to a Spectra Sports design that was prior to the "Edge", and was seen at World Cup in Odawarra, Japan in 1993.  The unnamed sportkite prototype design Alan had at the Hawaii Challenge in 1992 was very similar to your kite in the pic..  Very similar sail design indeed.
i have not found out much else...........anyone that is at Premier now was not around at the time of this kite.....one idea is that there was just a prototype run and thats it........if you need one let me know!!!!skyshar frame....pretty old skool....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ancnthiflr
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:01 AM »

Hi Debbie!

Lurkers are always late, can't beleive I didn't see this sooner...anyway I have one put together with pulltrude carbon spars and can say, yes, it flys like an Edge, heavy, needs some wind, and is a little squishy cuz of the pulltrudes...Ian (Ainokea) might know more about this kite.

I am curious as to the colors of the sail ( mine is only yellow and black), and what spars were supplied in your boss's garage sale find?
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 11:14 AM »

A little off topic but I was reading an old issue of American Kiting...1988 I think...last night and there was an article on Alan Nagao and friends flying a stack of (I think) 47 Hawaiian Team kites!!!  Huh Huh Huh

They had over 900 pds of "people" holding the stack down and it was not enough! 

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 06:51 PM »

Well we finally got  chance to get it in the air today.. it was shortly after given to a little cutie and her father.. another giveaway kite making smiles for the entire family...  they all so cute..

[url"=http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2710575720046166791HOLrzK"][/url]

[url"=http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2365314870046166791JLWKgW"][/url]

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
Spz0
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 08:04 PM »

Well we finally got  chance to get it in the air today.. it was shortly after given to a little cutie and her father.. another giveaway kite making smiles for the entire family...  they all so cute..

[url"=http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2710575720046166791HOLrzK"][/url]

[url"=http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2365314870046166791JLWKgW"][/url]

Cheers to you m8.  Smiley  Makes me smile as well.  Smiley

~Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document