GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: skyburner phoenix  (Read 810 times)
bkplant
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 03, 2012, 10:39 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with the skyburner phoenix, pros and cons.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:18 PM »

Treat her like a lady. The phoenix is an AWESOME tracker and slider with some decent pull. Anything control wise, it'll hand out super well. Not a trick monster, even for its time, but a super smooth flying kite and great in it's entire wind range. My favorite Bui kite is the Tika, but this one is an awesome 2nd, no question. If you have one, enjoy it!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
bkplant

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 07:08 PM »

I have never heard of the tika, and was unable to find any info.  Does anyone know who made it and when?
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 03:32 AM »

The Tika was a late david bui design that was a bit more 'tricky' for its time. The kite never really caught on back in its day, even though it's a super capable kite and is probably one of the smoothest flying kites I've flown to date.

That's mine. Spent so long looking for the thing, haha.
It's more trick based than the Phoenix and Phoenix II, and in my opinion has a better wind range, on the low end.
If you look a bit more closely, you can notice some similarities in the trailing edge from the Tika and the Skyburner/Premier T'nT.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
bkplant

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37 AM »

The Phoenix sounds like it would work for me.  I just put it up on the WANTED page, so if there is one out there somewhere looking for a new home, let me know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change