GWTW Forum
August 21, 2014, 03:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stunt Kiting (STACK).... would be awesome in Olympics™  (Read 2396 times)
KiteChemist
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 03:28 AM »

I suspect it is only a matter of publicity. High cost of kites would be ruled out with good sponsorship from the nation.
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 06:28 AM »

It's probably also due to different fad's like roller blading, skate boarding, etc. which come and go but still linger after the craze - its funny - several times heading to the beach someone says to me - sharpening your golf game - practicing some sand play - we are CONDITIONED - to do certain things in our lives at certain points like playing golf when we retire or semi-retire - so when I say KITING - they get a brain freeze - and respond that's OK or sometimes nothing at all as they grin ... when I first started flying at North Beach, Asbury Park - the beach to the NORTH which is Deal, NJ beach never flew any kites on the beach - after a period of time there are 1-3 SLKs being flown every weekend ... sometimes the surfers will fly a small delta from there vans in the parking lot ... sounds weird but sort of just getting into the whole kite scene at this point at this beach spot ... could be just my imagination or simply coincidence? To the south is Ocean Grove and at the border of AP and OG is a kite shop - each year I donate a SLK  to this shop ... its been there now for 4 straight summers - Breezly Amused. I do what I can ...  Cheesy

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
DGomberg
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 08:43 AM »

Been there. Spent considerable time and effort to present a full proposal. Worked with the International Kite Federation (an Olympic requirement). Got absolutely nowhere.

And this was at the height of sport kite competition.

Interesting part of this every-four-year discussion is that we presume sport kites are our best option. Actually fighters are flown in more countries, are less windependent, and have an objective, easily understood result.

dg
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document