GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 03:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sleeping old kites  (Read 1860 times)
Luc.kite
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 09:36 AM »

It's my girlfriend who flies my old kites !!! (in particular the Illusion and the Eclipse) and once in a while I fly some of them, but I prefer flying my recent kites to make new tricks, to have fun and new feels.
Last week, I've repaired my Utopia (see this thread) and I'll fly it next weekend (it is raining today in Paris !!!).
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 09:53 AM »

That eclipse is still a pretty tricky kite, though!

I fly my Tika, Skyburner I, Firebirds, and Tramontana 2000 a lot. Still enjoy the NikNak and the PDSUL a lot as well.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
WonTonChickon
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14 PM »

My parents used to be really into kites, when their home field was Sandy Beach, in Hawaii. They kept most of their old kites. They were really big into TOTL stuff. Full size, and 3/4 Hawaiian's, as well as Spin Off's.  It's nothing but fun anytime one of those bags gets opened. I always make sure to carry a Spin Off with me. You never know when mother nature wants to laugh at the new kites with all her wind speed. That's when you have to break out a "Roarer's." Tongue

Sam
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 04:16 PM »

My parents used to be really into kites, when their home field was Sandy Beach, in Hawaii. They kept most of their old kites. They were really big into TOTL stuff. Full size, and 3/4 Hawaiian's, as well as Spin Off's.  It's nothing but fun anytime one of those bags gets opened. I always make sure to carry a Spin Off with me. You never know when mother nature wants to laugh at the new kites with all her wind speed. That's when you have to break out a "Roarer's." Tongue
+1 on the TOTL Roarer's  Cheesy Cheesy
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 07:14 AM »

Dualies and quads I do not have any newer than 2000........single lines about a 3rd are pre2000........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+44)

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 04:20 PM »

i have both and they get same amount of time some of my older custom kites are great it just seems like they are not making like they used to thats why ive been makin my own now

Steve & Sherri
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography