GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: silver fox 2.3pro bridle question  (Read 1342 times)
zflyer
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 19, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Hi. i just recently got a silver fox 2.3pro kite. the question i have is how is the the bridle work. my kite did not come with instruction. I am use to the 3point bridle, and have a bunch of prism kites. from the Zephyr, QPro and QPro SUL etc. i would like to know the fallowing.

how to switch from turbo to 3pt.

how to adjust bridle for low wind.

and thats it.

If anyone has info about these any help would be great!!!

thanks so much in advance.
Hadge

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:40 AM »

Instructions for the FW Turbo bead system used on the SF can be found here -

http://www.gwtwforum.com/pdf/sf25instructions.pdf

If the adjustment system is the usual knotted pigtails, then to adjust for lower winds you need to loosen the larkshead knot on the uphaul line and move it UP nearer to the frame.  For higher winds DOWN further from the frame.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
zflyer

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:47 AM »

the high and low wind makes sense, but im confuse with the instruction on how to change it to 3 point. when i look at my 2.3pro, there is another extra line, similar the the nirvana.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:16 AM by zflyer » Logged
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:01 PM »

i do not think that the sf 2.3 pro bridle changes into a 3 point as the former sf 2.3 ,the extra line on the bridle is to prevent tie ups with the tail when doing tricks.
zflyer

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 04:02 PM »

that is a good explination. i did fly it out in low wind 2-3, and did notice the tricking ablity is waiting to be shown once winds kick up to 5. kite felt soild. heavyier in the air then what i'm use to with the QPro, but something i know i will get use to.  thanks for the input.  anyone whos has a 2.3pro let me know what your guys bridle setup is in low wind.

zflyer

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59 PM »

now thats the STUFF!!!  thanks Norm. i'll try that setting out!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document