GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 02:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having a great day Flying .. Widow Maker Ul 2/3 mph wind  (Read 554 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: August 20, 2012, 07:24 PM »

The wind has been low for a week.  Storms are gone and spent the afternoon flying at the Beach.  I was there last night for a couple hours.  The end of the clip are some add ins taken last night. Some really knock down 540's on the video.  I like when the kite does 540 and doesn't move. PeteW had somenice 540's.

p.s.- I flew tonight Monday again.  Video is being loaded. 

Enjoy ---vertigo working real hard.  Trying to get those Cheesy straps.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Today

https://vimeo.com/47909158
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:20 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:20 PM »

so sad the video is blocked for me, where u been vertigo2u?

vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22 PM »

I posted on Vimeo...

https://vimeo.com/47909158

Hi Puzz.. wind has been bad for a  little over a week.  I have been reading post...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Just got back from the Beach.  Wind was 10 mph and higher all day.  I got there at 2:30pm and left at 6:15...I am whipped.  I actually did four twice today and a number of times I did three. Forgot tripod in trunk of car.  I took some vid,but not much... I know I didn't get the fours.  I watched the other videos and worked on my form.   It worked better.  Funny thing was until I remembered to go high... Things only then started to work for me.  More in a row... I took more time with the fades.  btw you do make it look easy...  It is getting easier for me considering......  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Time off helped. 

I got 75'#50 in the video. Your suggestion of lighter lines worked fine...

I am going to do it soon....

Side bar ---- last night I actually dreamt you and I were standing together and I was showing you my video and I was counting and when it hit four I started to tell you,but you said it wasn't four,but it actually almost  five...  I may have to have to lay on the couch and analyze myself.  Freud would say dreams are fears and wishes related to my ego.  The desire for Cheesy Finger Straps is so strong that my unconcius is struggling for some immediate gratification. So without a defense mechanism my dreams are my wishes.

Glade I am not having nightmares about it.  Like my kite breaks in the middle of the fourth one ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Or I take a bathroom break and some one steals my camera with my proof.   Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:21 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography