GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: practicing 540's  (Read 659 times)
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: August 23, 2012, 06:55 PM »

took video of a few of my 540's on the ocius sul in little or no wind, taken some time to get them down
ocius540
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:04 PM by PUZZLE » Logged

Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Nice field you fly in Steve.
Kinda looks a little like Silver Bowl in LV..

Looks like your flying is progressing nicely too.  Wink
PUZZLE

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 08:41 PM »

hey thanks dano, got kicked out by the soccer mob shortly after lol, Utah kinda looks like Vegas
just working on getting them a little flatter

Kabel
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 04:52 AM »

Hi,
nice, slow kite... for flatter 540, I think, you sould wait a little bit longer with your rotation pull ...so the nose can be a bit higher.

Kind regards
Gerald
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 06:31 AM »

A little different depending on the kite but throw your arms out more to flatten the kite. To get a nice slow spin I like to keep one hand back just a little when throwing them both forward. Then you need a smaller "pop" to get the kite to rotate, as it's already started just a little.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 06:42 AM »

I thought they were great...
However, i am very busy drooling over your color scheme.... 
I might have to nark a copy... Now sul, ul or std?
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 07:35 AM »

Puzz, ctope is right.  Through your arms out more and allow the kite to flatten out. In the video watch your kite.  As it comes down and is starting to turn you start your 540.  Wrong... wait a second more.  Think as you watch the video again.  If you had waited just a second more as she started to lay out flat.  Then tug(pop) the sail.  It also takes a few to get use to with the Sul... I always have to fly a bit till I get connected to it.  I also recommend #50 line set 75'...  Once you adjust to the line length (it looks as though you have short lines on it now).  Just work it.  you will find out you don't have to pop it so hard.  It looks sloopy because you pop it a second too soon.  Let it float a bit more.  As Norm would tell me ..now go out and do it 1000 times... and lets see another video .... It is almost were you want it. I do them like that myself when I am not patient. Or I am afraid I am going to loose wind.  You are flying in very light wind and doing a fine job.

BTW ... I am not mixing words... I am going to copy the colors myself.  That Ocius looks Great.........................  Those are the hottest colors I have ever seen on the kite.  It's the BEST I've ever seen in the shop... Congrads...

Gonna cost me more money...  Cry Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:38 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
PUZZLE

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 09:54 AM »

Thanks everyone
Lighter inputs and wait before starting the spin
Now for that 1000 times
It is a beautiful kite thanks feel free to copy Smiley
Love my sul

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document