GWTW Forum
September 26, 2016, 05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 Stack  (Read 10858 times)
Soarin'
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: July 21, 2016, 02:50 PM »

I know I've seen this photo on here somewhere and I'm sure many of you have seen this before. I seem to remember it stirring up a mild debate about its authenticity.

The photo is from a video that can be viewed on youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44EqiEpJZTQ
The video name is "25 Hawaiian Kites Gespann Luftaufnahme" from a festival in 2015.
Here's my take....
I think the photo is real.
I think the video is real.
BUT....
I think the kites are not authentic TOTL Hawaiians or Maui's.  Huh  :'(
Here's why....
1. As far as I know, all Chevrons whether Hawaiian Team or Maui's have 4 stripes along the trailing edges, not 3 as all of these have.
2. The black reinforcement part on the sail by the "T" should be as wide as the center color of the Chevron part of the sail. It's much smaller on these.
My guess is that these are customs and not much more than a 36" wing span, if that. Also, not much effort from the pilot!
If these were 25 8' TOTL Hawaiian Team kites, I would have just posted these guys... Shocked  Cool  Huh
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 03:04 PM by Soarin » Logged
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:53 PM »

One of the best thing, in my opinion, about this forum is the breadth of members...... It would not surprise me if a member of the forum was there and can verify.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:56 PM »

It is not a picture from 2015........ And if I remember correctly it is from more than a few years before 2013
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=9375.0

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 04:43 PM »

I remember the discussion.  Wasn't it big and slow and make your arms long? The color in the pictures are stunning.

Sine Metu!
ezme6
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 02:29 AM »

24 inch kites....

"Do what you like"
coop
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 06:54 AM »

Yup, small kites.
Watch the video, they look small. Looks like this video was shot with a drone, but at any rate, they dont look full size at all.
Soarin'
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:00 AM »

According to Jens Baxmeier (via Pam Kirk's' Facebook page), the photo was taken by Ralf Beutnagel on 6/20/2010 at Fano (Denmark), same place as the video. He also verified "The kites are not original size but smaller." 
DD
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 12:29 PM »

hmm they dont seem that slow in the video...still cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44EqiEpJZTQ

Sine Metu!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom