GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 12:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Switching from a fast small stunt kite to a large stunt kite  (Read 1333 times)
Love the wind
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 24, 2012, 10:51 PM »

I am  having troble ma
keing up my mind on witch large stunt kite to pic
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Welcomw to the forum

Some additional information will help.

- How much did you want to spend.?
 - Are your interesting in a good flying kite with control or learning tricks?

Love the wind

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 01:27 PM »

about 200 and both good flyer and tricks
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 06:11 PM »

about 200 and both good flyer and tricks

Infinity - at $220 plus lines. My Favorite but a little over your price range.

All the rest are around $200 including lines.

Freestylist I like this kite a lot. Budget value top end kite to move your to intermediate then advanced. Great jumping off point for a high end kite. Good precision, feedback and easy trick ability.   

Premier Widow Inexpensive version of the $300 hand built Widow Maker. High quality vs. top of the line parts but still a great package.

Zephyr Sweet flying machine, does everything but has a narrow wind range. Loves 4-8 mph.  Poor local winds make mine a closet queen. Also, is not as durable as the other kites here.

Sweet Emotion by Skydog. Never flown this kite, but hear good feedback from those that have. Nice looker too.

Everyone has different tastes so one kite does not work everyone.

For me the Infinity has been my go to standard kite even though I have 4 others that are more expensive. It is a neutral kite with large inputs. Perfect for learning the basic kites.

Rate precision a 9 out of 10. Been my best kite for lazy susans, backspins, holding a fade and JL. Started doing JL two weeks ago. Been able to get a single rung on 5 different kites  Smiley.  Infinity is the only one I can do multiple rung on (for now ). I suck at lazy susans.  Embarrassed  but the Infinity gives them away  Grin

Let us know what you end up getting.

Love the wind

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Hi thanks for the iput will let you know witch one I pic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change