GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 10:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism Forum down?  (Read 3598 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« on: August 27, 2012, 02:13 PM »

Prism is migrating its web presence to a new server.  Unfortunately there were issues in the switch that affected the forum.  Hoping it will be back online by weeks end.
Will keep you posted in the event of any further issues.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Prism is migrating its web presence to a new server.  Unfortunately there were issues in the switch that affected the forum.  Hoping it will be back online by weeks end.
Will keep you posted in the event of any further issues.
Anything new on this issue Steve?

BTW..........thanks for the package delivered with the Prism products on board!
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:47 PM »

The Prism Forum is back up ... sort of.  You may need to re-register and looks like some posts are gone, but they are working on that.
http://prismkites.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
hawkerhunter
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:56 PM »

Here we go again  Sad. Must be two weeks since the forum was available. Anyone got any information about whats happening.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 12:12 AM »

My last conversation (e-mail correspondence, I guess) with our host, indicated prism was aware of the problem and working on it.

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
hawkerhunter

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 04:36 AM »

That's what I last heard. It just concerns me when these problems take so long to sort out.
John Welden

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 06:26 AM »

That's what I last heard. It just concerns me when these problems take so long to sort out.

2 weeks isn't a long time. Especially considering the Prism forum isn't really critical for anything. If you have a problem with your kite you can just call them.
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 04:10 PM »

I think the Prism forum contributes a lot especially for the new guys. It is where I started to get a grasp of what could be done with a sports kite..And got A LOT of help with peeps like Reggie Mr, Kanaxlenow.Tom P and others too numerous to name.. Unfortunately There is just not much going on there even when it is running. There last crash when they reworked the site really took the wind out of their sails. Still I think it is worth reviving
Just my 20 cents
PS That was when this forum wasn't all rainbows and Unicorns And I was new enough to forums in general to be offended at times I know.... BOOO HOOO LOL
PSS I think Steve is on the fence so your input is probably important. Do we need to lose another resource??
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 05:28 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 06:01 PM »

It's too bad, because the Prism forum had it's niche. It's sad to see the interest in Prism kites fade to a few people, but I guess that's what happens when the company hasn't made anything for the hardcore enthusiasts in over 5 years. And before the Zephyr, you have to go back almost 10 years since the last great thing to come out of Seattle...

alien

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 01:10 AM »

HEAR HEAR!
How about some new stuff FELLAS?
Love your old stuff though........ Kiss
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 05:18 PM »

I'm sure WITHOUT A DOUBT, Prism as well as our wonderful host are doing the best they can to support us with their forums.

I thank them for that, as my expenditures to either does not equal what they have provided me in benefits from what i have learned here or there from their support.

Think about all your $$'s  spent on healthcare reform and how well that website is working for you.

THANK YOU PRISM, and THANK YOU STEVE!

politics are not permitted here, and i made no reference to that.  :>)
ko

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06 PM »

SOOOOO word is the forum should be up in a week or so,,  support would be nice. I will try and get over there a bit more, well a lot more than lately

have fun kurt
hawkerhunter

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Just makes me wonder what problem could there be with the forum that would take 5+ weeks to sort out. I hope it's not another big service provider change that will result in lost data and more importantly lost members.

Steve
hawkerhunter

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 08:16 AM »

Sad
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14 AM »

Think about all your $$'s  spent on healthcare reform and how well that website is working for you.

Here we go....
@

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document