GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 01:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working FFF's and Half Axels ... low wind..  (Read 540 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: September 03, 2012, 07:34 AM »

Denny if you saw the different bugs I deal with at night, you'd laugh at how right you are.. little Nats are on the beach at night by the millions...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I went last night about 6:30pm.  The crowd for Labor Day kinda was leaving.  Hopefully today will be the last of the big crowds.  If all stays true.  The Beach is mine until next spring.  School crowd will be gone and week-ender's start bowling...

When I use to golf a lot (daily) after Labor Day part-time golfer's are actually part-time bowlers.  No one after Labor Day on the course's. 

On the Beach it also holds true... After Labor Day people start packing it up.  In Michigan one has to start to prepare for Winter.  Weather will cool in about 4 weeks unless Climate Change keeps it warm.  Either way I'll be on the Beach many more days till it's cold.

Really thought I'd pull of 4 fff's yesterday.  But wind was very low.  I started out with Ocuis Sul ..then I adjusted bridle on Widow Maker Ul...

Wind was very low.  I also switched to 60 foot lines for the first time.  Shorter lines gave me a better view of the kite in action with the strings and hand motions.  I just called the weather hot line the Beach ..wind is out of the North east at 4 mph.. I am salivating..

I worked Norm.. Tried real hard at the end to fly in sunset...My camera kept shutting off no power. So I had to hurry.

Labor day Sunday
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:36 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:35 PM »

The half axels are looking better already. I wish I could get out and fly half as much a quarter as much as you at all. Roll Eyes

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:43 AM »

Had low winds last night.  Took out my Ocius Sul and flew into the darkness.  I went to 60'#50 line set.  For a small town boy born and raised in South Detroit.  Things went fairly well.

Ikept watching Martin on those half axel hand movements.  So yesterday I worked it like Martin.  I discovered I can do it like that.  Going to take about three more hours of left and right flying to have it down better.  I can do somereally nice ones ..laying the flare out nice and flat and a double popping sound.  But I will have to learn it over again like Martin.  I kept my hands by my side and tried the wrist snap process.   Huh Huh  Easier than I thought...

It's about 9:45 am.  Weather does not look good.  Very Cloudy and ZERO wind.  And etremely muggy right now.  Long day yet...

It's like Gene Kelly in "Dancing in the Rain"...  Gene sang "...Gotta Dance,Gotta dance..." I like to sing...."...Gotta Fly...", Gotta fly..."  Cheesy Cheesy

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography