GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 12:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Digital "My Book Essential Edition External Hard Drive?  (Read 1399 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 08, 2009, 05:42 PM »

Just picked up a WD External hard drive...for my overstuff Dell Hell Dimension E310 Windows XP Media Addition Puter.

At least I now have a place to store my photos...(besides www.photoworks.com and www.webshots.com

Amazing just how little practical information on how to store photos into into  indiviual folders...etc
So far I have added bunches of photos onto my External hard drive and find it difficult to snag out one or two individual photos and need to start storing them on seperate folders for easier access.

After downloading the sizeable software's instruction (which ate up what little memory that both me and my  computer had left.....

I no longer find on my computer's WD file...the missing instruction manual?Daaaa?

Dumb and dumbolddo..exiled with His EXILE, SILVER FOX..AND GREAT LITTLE HQ SHADOW...in Gig Haabaaaa Wa.

WD website seems really filled with very sketchie information and their FAQs are not much help either?
One last question:

Perhaps...I just needed to go FIRST... to a GEEK store and purchase an internal hard-drive...instead of the external one.
Like buying a buggy....before buying a horse to pull it, Huh?
 Embarrassed Undecided Undecided

[attachment deleted by admin]
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 06:03 PM »

I suspect you can download the full software manual from here:
http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=110&sid=72&lang=en

However you must register the product, created and logon on the WDC site, and the sign in to get the software & documentation if it is no longer on the external drive.

ATB,
Sam
Sketch

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 06:08 PM »

Thanks Sam...
Perhaps...no harm in re-registering the WD again..huh?
Bye the way....I often clean up my windows C hard drive...I now notice that my external hard drive shows up asking me if I would like to clean up my WD hard drive?
Is this necessary or I wonder if it really doesn't  matter?

dumb as a kite stick Donnie
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 06:48 PM »

you might find this article helpful.

http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1035.htm

Fdeli
Sketch

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:52 PM »

you might find this article helpful.

http://www.gpsoftware.com/kb/q01-1035.htm

Wow!
Great Planes Distr. Co.
I used to do freelance art work for their catalogs...in exchange for modeling supplies...
here is one of my models...that was published by AAM in the old dazedays...before I discovered competition sport kites.

kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 09:06 PM »

I have a terabyte external drive

The way I address my photos is to create subject folders (kite, vacation, Mexico, vehicles, etc) then as I copy, NOT MOVE the pictures into sub folders by year, then again by month, event, or location.

Example:

Kite
          kiteparty 6_feb
          kiteparty 7_feb
          wildwood_may
Mexico
           SanCarlos_nov
           SanCarlos_jan
           SanCarlos_jan

Vehicles
      GMC Truck
      Car Shows
            casaCar

I have gotten into the habit of copying my pictures to my local computer first, then to the backup drive. then I reformat the card in the camera. I then edit any of the photos needed and add a "e" to the end of the file name.

anytime you are archiving files you should copy the files instead of moving then, that way you can verify the file count is correct before deleting the original files (safeguard)

Just the way I do it, if you would like to use my method PayPal me

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Sketch

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21 PM »

Thanks Mike...and I noticed your IKE web site...and again THANKS FOR THE INFO about saving my photos.

Don Shultz (exiled here in Gig Harbor, wa.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document