GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 03:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocius Sul & Half Axels Martins style.  (Read 494 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: September 05, 2012, 07:12 AM »

Well the wind was nothing last night.  As all can see the Beach is now mine.  Everyone is gone.  Lips sealed Lips sealed Undecided Undecided Undecided  Kiss.  The wind was also gone last night.  I'd start at one and finish on the opposite side.  Did not matter.  I was flying.  The sunset was really enjoyable.

I kept trying to do Half Axels with my hands next to my side.  I watched Martins video and attempted to emulate his hand movements. Not great in the beginning but it started coming around.  Not so difficult.  But with practice it started coming together.  Occasionally I'd revert back to my bad hand in the air movement.  But I am getting past it.  Probably an hour or so of good wind and I should be on the right track.  Thanks to St. Martin of the Kites.

It amazes me how many people in this City and surrounding area and The Beach is empty.  But I am  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin No one is there...

Added some music and a couple verbal comments.
Enjoy !!  Vertigo Out.  Gotta fly today. 

Take 2

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:27 AM »

Looking better! Try to work on those with a standard, then UL, THEN SUL because they're the hardest to do on a kite with little momentum. Also, as a general rule, remember to power OUT of the tricks, they look like 'OH! I did it! What do I do now?.." a little bit. Make sure to have a clean, confident exit so the trick looks even more intentional. If you're going to put a stall or hesitation at the end, make it look like it's supposed to be there. Exaggerate everything. (Sorry, the music major in me is coming out...)

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53 AM »

Hi Dev,

I had No Wind to work with.  At one point I thought a breeze was coming... Sucker wind.  Nothing.  Wind is up this morning.  I may pack up in an hour or so and try again.  I wanted to use the wind to power out of everything.  But it was just not there...  Wind is 8 mph at the (my Beach) Beach. 

Jon and I are flying Friday Night at Metro with the Michigan Philharmonic Orchestra.  Hopefully we have good wind.  It's for half hour afterwards we are going paint the sky with "Pointers".  Jon built a new one about a month ago.  Absolutely beautiful.  Can U make it home Huh It will be a Fun day.  They may even let you play with them...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10 PM »

Seems like those 50# lines are working pretty good  Cheesy. Maybe some ground movement is required at this point to mix it up. Try making the kite walk, KOMBO and/or some ground axels from one tip to the other. You ready for the FADE ... hold for 15 seconds while baby stepping forward.  Cool Cool Cool

APJ (ASH)

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document