GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 03:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon fly  (Read 2247 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: September 07, 2012, 11:20 AM »

It's that time again. I'll be there around 11am sunday
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 11:27 AM »

I'll be there too!

Allen, AKA kitehead
Farmer_rob
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 11:49 AM »

Can't - niece is getting her Captain bars in Sac

Farmer Rob est. 1999
Longtime Member- Ask Dan Whitney- LOL
(and if u don;t know Dan, well... there's yer sign)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Oh man Rob, contrats to your niece, but I'm sure sorry you won't be able to make it.

I'll be there. Wind is shaping up to be perfect as of a few minutes ago. I well know that can change, but am crossing my fingers that it holds.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+83)

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03 PM »

We'll be there.
wschmidt
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Will be there too!
madhabitz

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 12:30 PM »

Excellent you guys!  So you have directions to Mistlin Sports Park and all that?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
madhabitz

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Forgot! Allen am so glad you will be able to make it too- wasn't sure if you'd be recovered from your road trip.

madhabitz

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 11:00 AM »

Wind forecast holding at 10-20mph. If it stays that way we should have about half that amount... which would be perfect. Cross your fingers people!

madhabitz

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 10:55 AM »

Okay am at the field and soccer has taken the whole field. But.... There's another field across from the far bathrooms / baseball diamond that is perfect so we will be there. Wind is perfect right now!

tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 11:12 PM »

Wonderful wind and friends at Ripon today Smiley

P.S.
Oh pooh, I started a Ripon topic under kite land events and said the same thing, please ignore my stupidly Sad

DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 09:26 AM »

P.S.
Oh pooh, I started a Ripon topic under kite land events and said the same thing, please ignore my stupidly Sad

It does say "A place to talk about your favorite kite field or to arrange a meet-up with local flyers"   Wink

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
madhabitz

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 11:51 AM »

Yes, it was a lovely day all the way around- perfect winds and wonderful people. The "little" field turned out to be perfect, with the added bonus of being close to the bathroom!

Duane, it was great meeting you and your family. Anita, if you are reading this, make sure to bring the CoffeeShop girls back again. They were so much fun- a total fresh breath of air.

Don, it was so good to see you again. I learned a lot just following you around to listen in on your inpromptu coaching sessions. You are a pistol!

Steve my friend, I was right. I'm always right, so it's good you are finally seeing the light (lol). So glad you had a good time. Next month we talk your wife Joie into joining us. Conway too!

Tony, no worries ... what you had to say was worth a repeat. Thanks for the mini-lession at the end of the day. I'll try really hard to remember your pointers, though I can just about guarantee I'll need to hear them again and again and again to get them to sink in.

Allen, Mike, and Anthony (gads who am I forgetting?) it was great seeing you and yours again. Allen, stay longer next time. Mike, come earlier! Wink

Rob, John, and George-- you were missed!

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23 PM »

P.S.

Removed ... now no one knows  Wink

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Thanks Steve:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum