GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 12:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd time this kid has thrown a rock at my kite  (Read 3178 times)
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 02:19 PM »

didnt know where else to put the topic coop, the rock was no where close to hitting the kite its just the fact hes trying to hit it again after i talked to him a couple of months ago . i wish i knew where he lived i would hope his parents would be horrified at his mouth and behavior , todd you need to come down and have my back when im reading the instruction that came with my duel kites incase of flying rocks!!

red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:39 AM »

Could the kid throw a heavy enough rock hard enough and far enough to pose a big risk to a kite? I've had birds and model planes collide with no damage

No model planes here, but yes, I've had bird strikes. I assume you mean there was no damage to the kite. Birds heal. Usually.

Bring an old beginner kite with you next time out. approach him and ask if he would like to fly it,give him breif instructions and you may have a friend for life.,or maybe not but at least you tried to make peace with him and show him about respect, obviously he has little guidence in life. Hey just a thought.

Probably, the higher road with the added benfit of possibly working.

Got to admit though.... knee jerk reaction leans towards....  something a bit more pyrotechnic.  Huh

Spectacular Kites With Super LED Lights and fireworks

Wonder what bottle rockets weigh.  Roll Eyes

ATB,
Sam

That is an awesome video! Kites, fireworks, jetskis? Check, check, check.

The problem with bottle rockets is that you only get one shot. Now, with Roman candles, ....

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 07:08 AM »

Buy an airsoft gun and keep it with you.  They shoot plastic pellets and sting pretty good.  They're a modern bb gun that the kids like shooting each other with.

Ron
PUZZLE

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 07:49 AM »

Haven't seen him this week

boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 09:16 AM »

Buy an airsoft gun and keep it with you.  They shoot plastic pellets and sting pretty good.  They're a modern bb gun that the kids like shooting each other with.

Ron
This action will get you in a sh!t load of trouble. Maybe shot if the wrong person sees you.
This kid's parents lawyer will have your a$$ if the police don't.
indigo_wolf

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 11:18 AM »

Try the soft/teaching approach, then video/photography and prosecution.  If you are really ambitious, most public libraries archive local yearbooks (or used to) ... so it's not impossible to identify the kids (for the police, not acts of personal vengence).

Please try to refrain from becoming a police blotter entry:

Street justice, extraordinary overkill edition: A boy throwing rocks at cars took a crossbow bolt to the belly yesterday, apparently as retribution for throwing a rock at a Toyota RAV4. The RAV4 had several passengers, one of whom literally went medieval on him, pulling out a crossbow and shooting the kid right then and there. Funny, I would have taken Goliath for more of a Chevrolet kind of guy.

The injured child is being treated for "injuries that were not considered life threatening" at a Children's Hospital in San Diego.

Moral of the story: Do not throw rocks at cars are large enough to carry medieval artilleries. I mean, you shouldn't throw rocks at any cars, but especially not the big ones, y'know?

Huh

ATB,
Sam
Tekcor1
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Does Utah have a "Stand Your Ground" law? If so, you're probably authorized to shoot him. Works every time.
And the best part is, you only have to shoot one. After that, the rest will steer clear.  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document