GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 02:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seven - fly caracteristics ?  (Read 1588 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 08, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Hi
Can anyone compare Seven std.  behaviour with some other kites?
Is it neutral as Sea Devil or maybe fast to trick as Gemini, deep turtle or not....?
Thanks a lot
best
Hadge

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Have you seen this review?

http://www.kiteclique.com/?p=644

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
vigli

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:29 PM »

Yes I did. Thx.
I think RobB has expirience about it...?
thx
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 06:17 PM »

The Seven flies more like a Gemini than a Sea Devil. It's easier to trick & control than the Gemini, though. The Gemini still does wild un-expected things for me sometimes. The Seven has kept me interested for over a year, it's still the first kite out of the bag for me when the wind is a smooth 5-10mph. That's the thing, though, the Seven really wants smooth wind.
I've learned a lot from flying the Seven, and still have a lot more to learn from it. I plan to wear mine out...

vigli

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 12:58 AM »

Thanks RobB
I watch Your video with Seven kite.
You have very good control doing flick flack .
very smooth.
Best
boris
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 06:46 AM »

I made 2 videos last spring with the Seven. You probably saw how easy the kite rolls up, and how easy it is to back spin it. There are some characteristics that take a while to get used to, but it flies like that right out of the bag, it never needed any adjustments.
One trick flows easily into another, the hard part is to stop tricking and fly a little. You probably saw this, but in case you didn't, this is the video that convinced me that I needed to fly a Seven...

https://vimeo.com/8663227#at=0

Charles P

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 11:04 PM »

It flys very nice. I would just go buy one!! It will not dissapoint. I have the STD and it is my go to kite. Sorry I can't make many comparrisons as this is my first "high end kite" but I think it's in the ball park with the Nirvana, though I will admit I have only about 2 hours flight time on an NFX. It's waaayyyyyy beter than a Zephyr! Tricks come very easy and it pitches very well. Tracks good too.

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
Atmosphere
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 02:28 PM »

I love my Seven STD.  It flies very nice, much better than my Zephyr.  Jorgen is very nice to work with.  After ordering, the wait while he builds it was killing me.  I ordered the Seven UL while my STD was being built.  I just received the UL last week.  Can't wait to fly it.
Charles P

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 11:47 PM »

Atmosphere, just curious how the UL performs? I just ordered the seven SUL and am eagerly awaiting for it to be built. I have a STD and I looked into both of these kites extensively (UL and SUL) I decided on the SUL because I have a Zephyr (which i don't get along with) but I  found that the STD seven will fly in winds almost as low as the Zephyr if set up well on short lines. I find that amazing for a standard kite. Also I was in the market for an Ocius before I flew the seven and now I'm hooked. The seven SUL weighs 4 ounces more than a Ocius SUL and about the same as an Ocius UL. So because of this and the std sevens capabilities I jumped straight to the SUL. Any how, I'm interested in hearing from anyone about how the seven UL or SUL flys.
  Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread.

In the bag,

vigli

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 01:07 AM »

Charles, You don't hijack the tread. Talk is about Seven SUL, UL , std ..... and comparing to other kite.
So enjoy and thanks for care...
Hope You will got Your new baby soon.
I think You can contact Doc Z about flyght caracteritic because he has kite which You order:
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7580.0

best
 boris
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:12 AM by vigli » Logged
Charles P

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Charles, You don't hijack the tread. Talk is about Seven SUL, UL , std ..... and comparing to other kite.
So enjoy and thanks for care...
Hope You will got Your new baby soon.
I think You can contact Doc Z about flyght caracteritic because he has kite which You order:
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7580.0

Thanks Boris, I posted On that thread you sent me hpoefully he'll get back to me. The wait on this kite is gonna kill me!!

In the bag,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography