GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 05:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Desire UL  (Read 551 times)
country85
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 14, 2012, 01:53 PM »

After conversing with Dodd himself I finally got the bridle right on my Desire UL and got it up in the air, this is my first flight, My wife filmed and put the video together for me. Really love this kite now that it's set up right, makes you feel like every thing you do is in slow motion!!   

Desire UL First Flight

Always fly a big kite, The louder the better. That way others can't hear you screaming as it's dragging you down the field!
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:58 PM »

Nice! Thanks for sharing. And thank your wife for producing the video.

You should seriously consider going the the kite competition in Coldwater, Mich. next July (assuming they have it next year) and entering novice kite ballet.

Hope I get a chance to meet you at the IKE event in a couple weeks!

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43 PM »

After conversing with Dodd himself I finally got the bridle right on my Desire UL.....

Really love this kite now that it's set up right, makes you feel like every thing you do is in slow motion!!   

Grin
country85
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:02 PM »

@Sky, I'm going to try to make it up there, depending on how work is, not to mention the 150 mile drive lol
@wayner  Grin is right, I can't help but to smile when flying this kite.

I had it out again today for a bit, I was goofing off trying to force a stall out if it, it stalled alright, I didn't have to take a step and this thing hovered like a rev for about twenty seconds(when the wind shifted lol) Very kool "non trick" UL kite

Always fly a big kite, The louder the better. That way others can't hear you screaming as it's dragging you down the field!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document