GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 02:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any fyi on TOTL North Shore Extreme?  (Read 1927 times)
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« on: September 15, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Picked one up recently on the 'bay' (yet to arrive from slower than anything parcel post) and can't find any info on these...
Thanks in advance for any input on these...
I know, I know, just fly it...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:18 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Picked one up recently on the 'bay' (yet to arrive from slower than anything parcel post) and can't find any info on these...
Thanks in advance for any input on these...
I know, I know, just fly it...

3/4 version of the North Shore Radical.

Flies differently, Does not remind me of its biger brother.
It is quicker especially in turns, with a LOT LESS pull and less accurate tracking.

I pull mine out in high winds and add a tube tail.

Can fly for a long time having a blast without getting worn-out. Unlike my other high wind kites.  Grin

What colors is your. Mine is a rainbow pattern
whitebirdlover

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 05:51 PM »

Hey Wayner,

It's a rainbow sail as well, thanks for the flying info on this one.
I look forward to putting it through it's paces...
Oh, and what do U consider "high winds"?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:28 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Wayner

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Hey Wayner,

It's a rainbow sail as well, thanks for the flying info on this one.
I look forward to putting it through it's paces...
Oh, and what do U consider "high winds"?

At 6' 2" 2 240lb, high wind is when the kite wants to drag me down the field.  Cheesy 

I love kites that pull, but sometimes you just want to fly and have fun.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:42 PM »

At 6' 2" 2 240lb, high wind is when the kite wants to drag me down the field.  Cheesy 

heh...

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
whitebirdlover

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 05:13 AM »

Extreme arrived yesterday and we'll have winds in the teens to low twenties for a couple of days... Grin Grin Grin

Anthony
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 05:14 AM »

Extreme arrived yesterday and we'll have winds in the teens to low twenties  Grin

Sounds like a good day to streeeetttch the arms. I plan on flying in these winds today as well.
whitebirdlover

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Man, does this thing like to fly  Grin  Too much fun and all the old school roar I was lookin' for !!!
We had some low twenty winds this afternoon and my 180lbs. were being skidded down the field  Grin
Called a friend to ask if they could bring down some spikes to nail my feet down  Cheesy
No tricks here, just hard pullin' treats...
When I got the package, I was thinkin' "these straps are hugh" !!! Now I know why... all the better to hold on to Wink
And this is the 'little brother' to the NSR???
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:25 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Wayner

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Man, does this thing like to fly  Grin  Too much fun and all the old school roar I was lookin' for !!!
We had some low twenty winds this afternoon and my 180lbs. were being skidded down the field  Grin

Perfect wind range for this great kite  Cool

And this is the 'little brother' to the NSR???

Fly the big brother in this wind an you will hear a full ROAR. Plus you my need to tie yourself to the tree.  Cheesy  Cheesy

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55 AM »

You'd love the NSR!!!  Yea, all the noise, awesome pull - flat out FUN KITE TO FLY!  I remember the last Friday night that I pulled out the NSR.  Winds were in the mid teens, there were probably $2K worth of kites laying on the ground....Nirvana, DeepSpace, Widow Maker, Quantum Pro, Rev's....and sitting while everyone lined up to fly the NSR and put it through it's paces.  No tricks but the smiles and feeling were enough to see why these kites still have such a huge place in kite bags everywhere.

We even buggied a bit in the park with the NSR.  It definitely has some serious pull.  What's amazing is with just a 1/8" adjustment in the bridle, just how much harder the kite will pull.

I have always thought that the day kites went quiet is the very day when the industry began to decrease.

We have flown stunt kites at our Friday night fun fly for years.  When the noisy kites come out is the only times people will come over from the other end of the park to see what we are doing.  Without the noise, we don't even seem to exist.

Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 12:23 PM »

+1 on NSRs! Awesome kite for precision-flying and they're the kites we mostly use when we fly as a team.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:25 PM by Dromel » Logged

Wayner

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 04:14 PM »

We have flown stunt kites at our Friday night fun fly for years.  When the noisy kites come out is the only times people will come over from the other end of the park to see what we are doing.  Without the noise, we don't even seem to exist.

Kent, never made the connection before but you are so right.

Kids are always attracted to the kites, but the adults pull them away. When the old school kites are roaring through the sky, it is the adults that come running.  Cheesy

== Edit ==

I forgot to add.
Any adults that do come over to see the kites. Chilese always puts a kite in their hands.  Cool
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:04 PM by Wayner » Logged
coop
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Yup, I love getting my NSR out on a windy day!

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
whitebirdlover

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 05:12 AM »

Dang, so that's where the Beach Boys got the inspiration for "... and she purrs like a kitten 'till the lake pipes roar"    Grin

Now, the only question is who's gonna hook me up?  Cool

Oh, and, ah, "... If that ain't enough to make ya flip your lid! "  Wink
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:18 AM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document