GWTW Forum
July 22, 2014, 02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kitesandfunthings question  (Read 3581 times)
Jeepster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53 AM »

red s: call them anyway....cannot hurt if yo have a spare 5 minutes....

I'd like to make the suggestion that red s. now has a responsibility check to see what happened with his order, and then, report the results back to the forum.

I too have nothing but good things to say about dealing with Jon and Marieanne.  Since I consider them friends to both the kiting community and to me personally, it's bothersome to have even a hint of negativity directed towards them ... especially in a format that will stay around for ages.

Cheers,
Tom

Actually I do have one complaint ... I called in a order one morning and then decided to add an extra item to the order a few hours later ... couldn't, 'cuz the order had been filled and shipped already.

jon t

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 10:29 AM »

Thank you everyone for the compliments.  I usually don't reply on forums but someone brought this to my attention.
To red sweater, your order was returned to me today.  The post office said it was unknown address.  I called you this morning and left message.
My apologies for the delay. 

Marieanne
red sweater

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 10:56 AM »

I'd like to make the suggestion that red s. now has a responsibility check to see what happened with his order, and then, report the results back to the forum.

Major egg on my face. This one's on me. I was toying with overnighting a part to the house I was at on vacation last month, and wanted to see the total cost, including shipping. I went on a number of sites and filled a cart, entered address info, and checked the cost, but ultimately decided not to pull the trigger.

A month later, when I made my first real order from this vendor, on a different computer, that address was still in there. I guess I had forgot that I needed an account to get that cost from kitesandfunthings before, and it kept my address. I must have missed it when I filled out this order. If you had asked me up until I just talked with them, I'd have sworn I filled out my present address correctly...but I guess that was just for billing.

Apologies to everyone for taking the time to read my stupidity, and to kitesandfunthings for...everything. Steve at Chico will attest to my inability to keep addresses straight on all my online accounts. Tongue Hopefully, I stay at this address for a good long while, for my own sake.

So, the package is on its way. Mea culpa.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Jeepster

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10 AM »

... So, the package is on its way. Mea culpa.

Glad all has been worked out.  Thanks for responding ... made me laugh.

Cheers,
Tom
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Your next kite should be a skyburner, and not a used one.

Fdeli
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Your next kite should be a skyburner, and not a used one.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 07:57 PM »

It might be a good idea to edit this thread's title, otherwise it will turn up in searches.
Other people might not read the whole story before forming a negative opinion of Kites & Fun Things.

Good call. What I learned from this: If I have concerns about a vendor's service, I'll call the vendor before I post anything publicly.

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Calling the vendor is good..... or just pm someone you trust here on the forum. If you have been reading posts, you'll have a feel for those who won't steer you wrong and who won't mind answering a couple of questions about a vendor to put your mind at ease.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 05:31 AM »

Calling the vendor is good..... or just pm someone you trust here on the forum. If you have been reading posts, you'll have a feel for those who won't steer you wrong and who won't mind answering a couple of questions about a vendor to put your mind at ease.

Good point, especially with regard to pre-purchase research. I was thinking post-purchase when I wrote my comment.

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 10:21 AM »

Good point, especially with regard to pre-purchase research. I was thinking post-purchase when I wrote my comment.
I was actually talking about post-purchase. If things are feeling hinky for someone or a shop, contacting a forum "regular" might be a good way to go. I certainly wouldn't mind sharing my experience or knowledge of a vendor with someone who is concerned. I doubt there are many here who would mind.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Well I never doubted Jon and Marianne. At least, I shouldn't have. I just talked to Jon and he's been crazy busy.

I inquired about getting one of the premier widows he's closing out. He suggested modifying it into a light std for me and he said he would get back to me. I doubted him and placed an order for a regular Premier Widow this morning. Not quite a week later this thread has run it's course and he calls me today. He had it put aside to modify for me. It's done and ready to ship. He sees my order in shipping and is able to stop it from shipping 2HRS after I ordered it. Crazy good people. Crazy good service and now one lone Premier Widow available for whoever wants it. I won't doubt Kites and Fun Things again.

How's that for a testimonial?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:53 AM by Tmadz » Logged
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 10:51 AM »

Kiting is a small neighborhood and most of the shops have known reputations. Doesn't hurt to ask up front and there is usually someone online who will answer right away.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:55 AM by Tmadz » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 11:58 AM »

I was actually talking about post-purchase. If things are feeling hinky for someone or a shop, contacting a forum "regular" might be a good way to go. I certainly wouldn't mind sharing my experience or knowledge of a vendor with someone who is concerned. I doubt there are many here who would mind.

Nancy
This is always good policy.  The kiting community is filled with some of the best, most passionate and generous people you will ever meet.  Being such a small niche hobby always on the verge of collapse reputation is everything for these businesses and builders so the good ones I and many others will always support in one way or another.  Helping out a newcomer with any questions is not a problem for me or anyone else on this forum from my experience.

Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Nancy
This is always good policy.  The kiting community is filled with some of the best, most passionate and generous people you will ever meet.  Being such a small niche hobby always on the verge of collapse reputation is everything for these businesses and builders so the good ones I and many others will always support in one way or another.  Helping out a newcomer with any questions is not a problem for me or anyone else on this forum from my experience.

Wlll said by both of you
red sweater

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 07:15 PM »

The package arrived today. You know, they travel much faster when they're going one way, and to their intended destination.  Wink

So, that Nirvana is finally fixed. And I fixed the split spine extension on the SF while I was at it, too. Hoping to be able to fly one of the two this weekend. Smiley

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document