GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 05:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kitesandfunthings question  (Read 3845 times)
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 15, 2012, 07:19 PM »

Has anyone done business with this site? It looks unproffesional (I suppose there isn't anything necessarily wrong with that; I've had great service from some side-businesses/ma and pa shops before), but I went with them because they were one of the few shops that had what I needed, and the only one with sane shipping rates for it. Maybe I'm just too hooked on quick shipping from pro places, but after not hearing anything for a week and a half (I don't think I've ever had in-country shipping take 10 days before, via any method), I'm getting antsy. And they seem to have dropped one of my items from the order between the initial receipt and the "order completed" status email. An item that is still listed as in-stock on the website.

Probably on the way, and I'm just being impatient. But asking just in case. I'd planned on hitting the beach today, but put it off until next Saturday because my order still hasn't arrived. Tongue Kite still brokey. Sad
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:42 AM by red sweater » Logged

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:44 PM »

Lolololololol.  The owners of Skyburner/Skyshark are far from unprofessional...  Some of the best to work with.  Just ask Joe - Vertigo2u.  Call them instead. 
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:00 PM »

(((((  UPDATE  )))))

Turns out this issue was a customer error, not a problem with Kites and Fun Things.  Please read on for plenty of positive about this fine business. 

original reply:

Kite shops are small seasonal businesses. Usually one person operations. Definitely not your rapid e-commerce operation. That said, Kitesandfunthings has always been prompt with my stuff. Email 'em or call. Something went awry.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:36 PM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:44 PM »

Jon and Marieanne are two of the best people you could ever hope to do business with.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:14 PM »

AS said above already.  Call em and ask I believe they just got back from a fest somewhere as well.  THey may be slow sometimes with the web orders but its usually after a festival trip and they gat caught up pretty fast.  Keep on mind that its still fallible technology and could just be a comp glitch.  Not sure why people think the web is perfect and never screws up.
coogee

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:16 PM »

I have had nothing but great service from Kites and Fun Things and Marieanne and Jon have been very helpful with all my enquiries. Pleasure doing business with them! I might also add that I live in Australia and their completion of orders and posting out has always been fantastic.
      Mike
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Red, Jon's shop may not be the fastest, but I think he's got you covered. Just check with them. I would gladly wait for one of Jon's Solus or Widow Maker any day.
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 10:00 PM »

bought lots of stuff from jon great service ;)it worth waiting for

Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 10:47 PM »

I have had nothing but great service from Kites and Fun Things and Marieanne and Jon have been very helpful with all my enquiries. Pleasure doing business with them!

+1
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Everything I've ever bought from them arrived in a couple of days. Of course, it's only a 170-mile ride but still, the quick arrival shows prompt order filling on their part. Something really unusual must have happened to your order. Call Marieanne. She'll get it all straightened out in a flash.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:37 PM by SkyDancer » Logged

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
Stogiez

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 06:55 AM »

I have had nothing but great service from Kites and Fun Things and Marieanne and Jon have been very helpful with all my enquiries. Pleasure doing business with them!

+1

+1  Have ordered from them a few times.  Always very helpful and COMPLETELY satisfied with the transactions.

A few SLKs, a few Dualies, and a couple of Quads.  Still trying to learn more.
Ken Bour

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 08:19 AM »

I want to pile on here as well... Tongue

I bought a custom WidowMaker and a ProDancer from Skyburner (a.k.a. Kites & Fun Things). Initially, I called and talked to Marieanne who was personable, helpful, and explained how the customization process works including expected time-frames. Thereafter, we corresponded mostly by email as I narrowed down my color choices. She was always prompt, thorough, and responsive. I even had a technical problem requiring me to have to return the WM for repair. Jon was involved in that transaction which was handled efficiently, professionally, and fast.

I am not sure what happened in your case, but like others have suggested, make a personal connection and I predict that you'll see a world of difference!

If I buy any more kites (likely), Skyburner would be my first choice.

Please let us know when you get it worked out.

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
trigger

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Ditto!

I have met Jon and ordered from them a couple of times and have received everything quickly.  They may be a small shop(i haven't been there myself), but they ARE KITING. and will certainly make it right.

just call them Smiley
red sweater

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 06:20 AM »

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't intend any portion of my post to malign them, and I hope it wasn't taken that way. But I'm glad I asked, because I will feel less hesitant to order from them in the future if so many people hold them in high regard.

I'll see if the shipment arrives today. If not, I'll give them a call.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 07:03 AM »

red s: call them anyway....cannot hurt if yo have a spare 5 minutes....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document