GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 05:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite bag/storage recommendation?  (Read 5067 times)
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Do the HQ or Vector bags have individual compartments for each kite

No, they don't. Both have one large 'hold' for the kites. The Vector bag does have many pockets for lines etc, but kites and spars are all together in one space.

Among our kite bags are some HQ bags, a ski bag, a Vector bag, and a Prism roll-up bag, each for a specific set of kites. For our team kites, we use these. They're not cheap (and for someone based in the US probably too expensive if shipping and import charges are taken into account), but they really are perfect for 10+ full-size kites with all the bits and bobs you need for team-flying.

SkyDancer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 01:06 PM »

I  drive a Civic Hybrid. That's relevant, because the batteries for the electric motor are against the back of the back seat and therefore, no part of the back seat folds down to accommodate long cargo. As a result, I break down the leading edges of my sport kites, so they load easily in the Civic's trunk. I've been looking at the bags recommended here and all were pretty long. Is there a good bag for multiple sport kites that's only 48" or so long?

Also, for those of you who put multiple sport kites in a a single-compartment bag, do you put each kites in its own sleeve? If not, do you use a rubber band or something to keep each kite "wrapped up" while it's in the bag?

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 01:23 PM »

I  drive a Civic Hybrid. That's relevant, because the batteries for the electric motor are against the back of the back seat and therefore, no part of the back seat folds down to accommodate long cargo. As a result, I break down the leading edges of my sport kites, so they load easily in the Civic's trunk. I've been looking at the bags recommended here and all were pretty long. Is there a good bag for multiple sport kites that's only 48" or so long?
MLD has a very durable cordura 48" bag that might be perfect...
Also, for those of you who put multiple sport kites in a a single-compartment bag, do you put each kites in its own sleeve? If not, do you use a rubber band or something to keep each kite "wrapped up" while it's in the bag?
as long as each kite is in its sleeve that is good enough for me.....the sleeve closes at one end? even so there are only a few pieces to fall out and it is hard for them to fall out when in a bigger bag..

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 01:30 PM »

ITW makes a nice 48" Kite Bag.  Wink

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 05:47 PM »

ITW makes a nice 48" Kite Bag.  Wink

Seconded.
I have a roomier sedan, but still can't quite fit the full length of an assembled leading edge in the trunk. I could lay the back seat down, but then I have to take the car seat out...so I use ITW's 48" bag. I'm very pleased with it. It can fit at least a handful of kites in their sleeves. But I don't think I could fit 10 in there, as the copy text says, unless I removed the sleeves. Velcro strips are probably a lot better than rubber bands.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
SkyDancer

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 05:49 PM »

Thanks. That ITW 48" bag looks like it'll fit the bill and it's a fair price, too!

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Unless they've recently changed them, the ITW made bags have a few design issues. On the pocket the zipper has to go around a square corner so zipping/unzipping is always a 2 handed affair. Also where the shoulder strap attaches to the bag its unreinforced, so after a little while, it rips the material for the bag and leaves a hole.

The MLD bags have neither of these problems.

Fdeli
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 06:16 PM »

I have three of the ITW bags and love them. I've had one for over a year and a half and it's seen lots of use. Nifty bags these.

Check with Steve Hall- I think he has them.... Or can get them.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
SkyDancer

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 07:12 PM »

My old Kitemobile looked like an explosion at a kite store.  Roll Eyes

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 10:28 PM »

For my money the RSky bag pretty much fits the bill for everything but the largest full length kites,  (Prophecy, Total E's and  TrickTails)  Not sure if they are still being made, but, if they are, they pretty much have everything listed in this thread and will definitely fit 10 kites, your cell phone, wallet, and at least ten linesets. Don't leave home without one............or two. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Huh

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 06:18 AM »

For my money the RSky bag pretty much fits the bill for everything but the largest full length kites,  (Prophecy, Total E's and  TrickTails)  Not sure if they are still being made, but, if they are, they pretty much have everything listed in this thread and will definitely fit 10 kites, your cell phone, wallet, and at least ten linesets. Don't leave home without one............or two. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Huh

Jim
+1 love my r sky bag

Sine Metu!
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 07:53 AM »

Okay then, a lot of you love your R-Sky bags...... but where can you get them? Are they even made anymore? Google wasn't able to help.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
appleb
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Okay then, a lot of you love your R-Sky bags...... but where can you get them? Are they even made anymore? Google wasn't able to help.

Yeah I tried looking for the R-Sky bags but it looks like they only made one production run of this, back around 2009.
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 10:01 AM »

I got mine from Steve when he put in a big order a long time back. Yo may be able to get them directly from Rsky still.

Sine Metu!
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 10:13 AM »

I got mine from Steve when he put in a big order a long time back. Yo may be able to get them directly from Rsky still.

i do not see the bag listed on their site anymore..going to guess that they are long gone...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum