GWTW Forum
August 29, 2014, 11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting another new kite into the house! Ideas?  (Read 3760 times)
molokaiboy
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 01:16 AM »

Well atleast this always worked when I came home with new heli or plane. " Oh no honey I'm repairing it for someone, once I've finished and had a few test flights its going back to its owner"

Of course the guy never pays for the repair so I just take possession of it as payment  Roll Eyes

Aloha,

Les
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 11:30 AM »

Oh, that box, it's a kite for SKB, had it shipped here to avoid Canadian Customs and the long delivery time.  We're seeing him this weekend and we can deliver it then, oh, there are two kites, hell, I'm not sure what he ordered!  Bet they are both great kites. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
bt
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 11:50 PM »

Wow I must be lucky!!
My partner doesn't bat an eye when another kite comes into the house. She thinks it's cool in a way....keeps me close to home....flying beach is across the street...
bt
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 06:18 PM »

keep an eye on the trash and pick up several (many) ski bags, put some kites in them and move them around from closet to cellar to storage one or two at a time...put one bag in the car and take a ride to nowhere, return to your normal lifestyle and later on 'remember' to bring it in to the house and put it in the closet, cellar, etc and hope your short/long term memory holds out longer than hers....later on, add bungee cords, one bag at at time, to keep the bags tight and neat.  Pray that you don't have to do it too often.  If you are lucky you may find leather-like bags that can be cut down, finish sewn and end up resembling pool cue bags.  The fishing pole/reel bag thing works only if you keep from mixing them up....

Ah the old shell game.

Was working it too. 20yr old kite bag, plus old ski bag, newer kite bag and the  new birthday present kite bag.

Thought I was pulling it off, until I noticed a large increase in my wives handbags.  Huh
goestoeleven
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 09:53 PM »

. . . so last night my wife said to me, "I think you need to buy a storage cabinet for your kites"  when she was looking at me organizing stuff in the garage for our IKE retreat this weekend.  Stuff was spread all over, and she couldn't get her car into the garage. 

I think maybe she's on to me.  I better be more careful . . . .

On second thought, a cabinet might be the perfect solution - all the kites can hide in there (and just put new ones in the back).  Um . . . any idea what happens when they won't all fit in the cabinet?

Kite problem?  What kite problem?  I don't have a kite problem.  Other people, maybe.  Not me.  No sir.
DGomberg
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 10:37 PM »

GKPI is thinking about a new service. We'll mark the return address on the package as

House Painting Supply Depo
Romance Jewelry Collection
Returned from Kite Repair Department

The second one works well. But if you don't actually get her jewelry later, you may have some explaining to do....

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 11:10 PM »

GKPI is thinking about a new service. We'll mark the return address on the package as
::snort::

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 04:24 AM »

. . . so last night my wife said to me, "I think you need to buy a storage cabinet for your kites"  when she was looking at me organizing stuff in the garage for our IKE retreat this weekend.  Stuff was spread all over, and she couldn't get her car into the garage. 

I think maybe she's on to me.  I better be more careful . . . .

On second thought, a cabinet might be the perfect solution - all the kites can hide in there (and just put new ones in the back).  Um . . . any idea what happens when they won't all fit in the cabinet?

Kite problem?  What kite problem?  I don't have a kite problem.  Other people, maybe.  Not me.  No sir.

Two words: Pole barn
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document