I found a new-to-me link to wind forecasts all over the world, for beaches, airports, lakes, etc. It's very cool and I've seen nothing else quite like it. The site is http://www.windfinder.com/forecasts/wind_globe_akt.htm
- After you land on the page, look for the header labeled: SELECT FORECAST MAP
- In the first drop-down box select your continent
- In the second drop-down box select your country
- If you are in the USA, it lists each state separately. For myself I was able to select "USA California North"
- At the top of the new page it shows a windspeed/directional map
- Below the map are links to all of the stations for the section you've chosen. It's so cool! Just click on a link to get forecasts
I've been able to find wind direction maps in the past (with a little help of a friend), but have never been able to nail this stuff down for the beaches I wanted to visit. Man, this thing even has Berkeley Marina.