GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One Sky, One World Fun Fly  (Read 1384 times)
SkyDancer
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 19, 2012, 01:33 PM »

What: Local fun fly as part of the 26th annual One Sky One World International Kite Fly for Peace, which takes place in hundreds of worldwide locations each year on the second Sunday of October. All fliers of any kind of kite, including single-line, dual-line and quad-line, are welcome.

When: Sunday, October 14, 2012, noon to 4 p.m.

Where:
Trinity Church, 9600 St. Joe Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46835. See a map.

Contact: Jay Farlow, jmfarlow@gmail.com, 260-267-JAYF (5293)

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
SkyDancer

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27 AM »

As of two days before this event, the weather forecast is not promising. For day-of updates, see www.hoosierkite.org.

The Oct. 14 forecast as of Oct. 12: "A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Breezy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%."

Sport kite beginner (Premier Widow, Skyburner Ocius UL, Flying Wings Alpha+), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:46 AM »

The ripon fly group will have something up as its our annual fly day.
SkyDancer

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 09:55 AM »

The ripon fly group will have something up as its our annual fly day.

Cool. Wishing you good winds!

trigger

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:36 AM »

i need 3 things to go right...

1. sunday off

2. kite shop between here and there with a full vent rev in stock

3. the money to get the rev!
 Grin

i should know if i have sunday offlater today. i got the afternoon off today.  I am going flying now!  Cool
SkyDancer

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Trigger:

AFAIK, there are no Rev dealers between your town and Fort Wayne! But yeah, if we get the forecast wind, vented kites will definitely be in order. I'm not sure if there's anything in my bag that will withstand 35 MPG gusts!

SkyDancer

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:36 AM »

Canceled due to high winds. Might try again Oct. 21.

Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20 PM »

The WKC (Wisconsin Kiters Club) originally had an OSOW event scheduled for today in Fitchburg, Wisconsin.

It was canceled due to rain but a few of the members, who had stayed the night before, showed at the park anyway to pacify some of the local children... but no flying I guess.   Cry

Under cloud-cover and on-n'-off rain, two of us decided to make an OSOW showing at Veterans Park in Milwaukee, we flew a smiley SLK, took a few photos, and headed-out of before the you-know-what hit the fan! Embarrassed

(Photos posted on FB)

Hopefully better conditions next year!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 10:02 PM »

Got some good flying in over in River Falls, Wi.
The 21 has to be a winner... Grin

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography