GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 05:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help !! am I Taz-en' or Slot-en'  (Read 2143 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: September 26, 2012, 07:49 AM »

Worked the Taz and some slot machines yesterday.. But I am not sure if I am there.  Don't want towork wrong stuff... any input is appreciated...

newone1

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21 AM »

First, my knowledge only comes from watching tutorials (the same ones as you, I imagine), not experience. That said, I don't see any slot machines. They all look like taz machines. The first one is the only one that goes the full 540. The others are ending early, probably because they aren't flat? I know you can do 540s, is it different from a half axel flare? Maybe don't let the nose go so high? (Chime in, experienced fliers.)

Keep at it, it's fun and educating to watch you progress. As I've said before, I'm jealous of all the flying time you get. I'm still perfecting my half axels before I work on the slot/taz.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:47 AM »

You are work on the Taz. 540 input is done with the opposite hand of the half axel. In this move you have a delay to allow the kite to rotate through the half axel.

Ths slot machine has the 540 input with the same hand as the half axel.
This is a quick double input almost as fast as knocking on a door.
So there is no rotation of the half axel as the 2nd input pins the 540 in the opposite direction
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:07 AM by Wayner » Logged
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 09:28 AM »

Vertigo: please watch my Veyron SUL-movie again: the first trick (at 0:22) is a Slotmachine, you can cleary see the two inputs with my left hand.
And the slack with my right hand (don't forget this please)  Smiley.

Your "Slotmachines" are fractured Tazmachines.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:30 AM by Krijn » Logged
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 10:27 AM »

Forgot to say: nice Tazmachines! Not an easy trick.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Forgot to say: nice Tazmachines! Not an easy trick.

I did not forget it to mention it, I was tick off  Angry  Been trying taz for several months, and they are very rare occurance. Embarrassed

I only felt worse when Chilese took the line of my Amazing and pulled off the slowest, most graceful Taz I will every see.  Huh Handing back the line John said "I'm not very good at the Taz" thanks John  Cheesy.

Vertigo2u. Congratulations on the Taz, they are a hard trick. But PLEASE don't get to good to soon. You may force me to sell some kites.  Cheesy
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 12:08 PM »

You did a couple of Taz Machines but no slots.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 12:13 PM »

Forget about the slot - keep working on the Taz my friend!  You are close to being a Taz master here.

6 kite tom
DWayne

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Here's an example of slots and Taz machines.
https://vimeo.com/40474449

Denny

vertigo2u

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 05:09 PM »

I can always depend on you guys...   Kiss Kiss  Thanks I really mean that..  I did some more but did not post em' ...

I wasn't sure which one I was doing...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy :DHad to learn the proper inputs for the Half Axel first...
                                   "...Doin' it like Martin...".

I really like the pull at the beginning of the Half. Then the popping of the air out of the sail...  When I hear two popping sounds I feel I've done it correctly... So in doing the Taz.  I started the Half Axel but poppped and gave slack and around she went...

I couldn't fly today, but there is tomorrow.  We are having a large fly at bthe Beach Saturday ... Guys from the West Side coming over...   Grin Grin 

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 05:18 PM »

I've never flown that kite that I can recall, but some literally do the Taz far more easily than others.  I am pretty impressed that you could do it seemingly so well even unintentionally!  Smiley   So, I am guessing that this kite likes to do the Taz.

6 kite tom
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Looked like TazS to me. I can't do a Taz or a Slot, but I've watched a lot of videos on how to do them... I really need to see them done in person someday to figure them out.
You've made some big strides this year, Joe.

DWayne

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 06:07 PM »

I've never flown that kite that I can recall,

Hmm, looks like a WM to me. I think you've flown one of those.  Wink

Denny

Svolazzo
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 03:32 AM »

IMHO only the very first one is a real taz machine, all the others are incomplete tazs just because you were missing a consistent part of the flat rotation. Indeed you exit the trick flying in the same direction of entry, in a taz instead you have to fly away in the opposite direction you entered the trick.
That is due to a low slack you give to the lines after the input for the 540 flat rotation, allow more slack and you'll see the complete rotation  Wink

Paolo
vertigo2u

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 06:24 AM »

weather looks good so far this morning... it's about 9 :30 am.. getting itchy.. got some flying to do..

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document