GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 12:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fearless SUL  (Read 4051 times)
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: September 28, 2012, 07:39 PM »

I got the Fearless Vented Light from Lam early this week, and I click on with it after the third flight.  Now, I am going to pull the trigger on the Fearless SUL and I am going to get an extra 3pt low spreaders that can be shared between the SUL and VL for mid wind range.  I basically will have the whole wind range covered with two kites and three sets of bottom spreaders.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:48 PM »

I just got a Fearless SUL from a swapmeet sale (ezme/Tom) and I love it. Flies in very low wind and is still tricky- way more tricky than I am, that's for sure.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:56 PM »

flew my Tattoo this morning for a couple of hours .Wind was off the ocean at no more than2mph. Lab grade of courseLOL WHAT A TREAT Taz's, cascades flat axles JL's were effortless WAY to much fun                                                                                                                                     

have fun kurt
rudyy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 06:51 PM »

I cannot wait to try out the Fearless Sul.  It should arrive this coming Friday.
RobB

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Did you get the Tattoo or something a little brighter ?

ko

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Rob, It looks to me like your Tat is brighter than mine!! NO FAIR (although maybe I really do need glasses)

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 07:47 PM »

I think it's just the lighting... mine looks flat black most of the time.

Kantaxel

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:58 AM »

I think it's just the lighting... mine looks flat black most of the time.
All the Tattoos I've seen lately have taken on a crimson color when brightly backliit............the first time Tom and I noticed it was at Whidbey kite fest and we had to go make sure it was a Tatt.......definitely reddish.

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
rudyy

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 12:09 PM »

Is there a significant difference between Tattoo SUL and Fearless SUL?
madhabitz

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:18 PM »

All the Tattoos I've seen lately have taken on a crimson color when brightly backliit............the first time Tom and I noticed it was at Whidbey kite fest and we had to go make sure it was a Tatt.......definitely reddish.
Don't know for sure if this is the reason, but I do know that a true black is one of the most difficult colors to dye. Everytime I ordered the very same black dye, it was different.... Sometimes greenish & sometimes reddish. The only thing I could figure was that the person doing the mixing kept trying to figure out a better recipe.

It's also possible that the reddishness you are seeing is a bit of sun fade. Black horses will often get reddish too.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 04:30 PM »

I've never flown the tattoo but I really like my regular SUL.   If yours is the purple Lam just put up on Facebook, it looks awesome!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 05:10 PM »

One is all black!  Smiley  I think there are the same except for the sail obviously - its a stylistic thing.

The SUL is very flexible regarding tail weight and the lower spreaders.  Many folks also fly with a 3pt LS. 

I am sure that the physics of the appliqued sail versus pin-holed sail are different, but I think perhaps only Lam himself could detect it.   Like I mentioned, swapping out the LS or especially adding more tailweight will yield a more noticeable difference in my experience.

-Tom
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:12 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 05:31 PM »

I just got a Fearless SUL from a swapmeet sale (ezme/Tom) and I love it. Flies in very low wind and is still tricky- way more tricky than I am, that's for sure.

I'd like to get together with you some light wind morning and see how the Fearless SUL compares to the TNT Zero.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
rudyy

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 05:35 PM »

I've never flown the tattoo but I really like my regular SUL.   If yours is the purple Lam just put up on Facebook, it looks awesome!

Yes, that is mine.
madhabitz

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 05:47 PM »

Hey, that would be fun! We'd have to figure out a good halfway point.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document