GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 06:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying two microns at once?  (Read 1702 times)
AntBTas
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 30, 2012, 03:55 AM »

Hey all,

Recently bought myself a prism micron which I'm having a lot of fun with in the high spring winds.  Did a bit of forum searching and found a few references to people being able to fly two of these at once, one in each hand  Huh

Just a couple of quick questions:

(1) Is this possible?
(2) Is this possible for a mere mortal without the reactions of a grand prix racer  Tongue (i.e. me  Smiley)
(3) Is there a technique to learning how to do it?
(4) And finally anyone got any pics or vids?

I found a tantalizing reference to a video on this forum, but unfortunately it was no longer available Sad

thanks all

Ant
seanhennessy

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34 AM »

http://youtu.be/jQPz-y1HwIY

He says:
I use " hand grips" I had from another kite, but you can use pieces of an old broomstick or dowel cut to 8-10 inches long. Try it, you'll like it ! Thanks for watching Smiley

He also says he's retired and flies 3-4 hours a day, so I don't know how achievable this is for someone without less time, or with other flying priorities. I'm a million miles from this level with my Micron!

Seán
coop
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14 AM »

Two? Thats childs play! Lol!
Prepare to be amazed:

"Romancing The Wind" - Ray Bethell
seanhennessy

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:28 AM »

One in each hand... took me a while to figure out what the third was attached to.  Huh
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:15 PM »

That's Tony from here in the forum. He flies with us at the Ripon Fly every month and is really good! Tony can now fly three kites -- it's crazy to see in person. Lots of practice for sure.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 02:27 PM »

Thanks for sharing my 2 micron video:) These are my favorite mkf kites. I'm flying on 75 foot lines (equal length and i don't have any problems with tangled tails )with 48 foot sky writer tails using benson air bow handles (about 8 inches long) . Handles can be as simple as 6-8 inch wooden dowels. I love flying these kites because in a high wind they don't pull very hard so I can fly for hours and it is certainly an adrenalin rush. I would encourage anyone to try multiple kite flying as it is not that difficult, it it does take time. I didn't start mkf flying until I was 60 Smiley Try it, you'll like it:)
AntBTas

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 04:36 AM »

Thanks again everyone, I love this forum  Smiley

That is truly some awesome talent Tony, I'll have to start practicing long and hard.  Smiley

Now where's that broomstick, surely my wife won't notice if I make it 16 inches shorter...

regards

Ant
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 08:41 AM »

Now where's that broomstick, surely my wife won't notice if I make it 16 inches shorter...

At a couple bucks each it's better to keep the wife appeased, after all you'll be wanting a third micron or 4 more to have dual 3-stacks   Grin

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100119087/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=1+inch+pvc+degree&storeId=10051#.UGxbKOW3M94v

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:46 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 02:16 PM »

. I didn't start mkf flying until I was 60 Smiley Try it, you'll like it:)

I'm in my mid 50's. Only a few more years and i can start mkf  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum