GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 07:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vented team kite?  (Read 4542 times)
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Just so we're all clear about this.... I'm claiming the credit, m'kay ?  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 07:49 PM »

Most definitely, Sir, and thanks again! But some credit to Keith and Vee as well, don't you agree?

zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 10:32 PM »

Oh alright then. But you've caught me on a good day.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Fast EDDY
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 11:10 AM »

I would reccommend the Krystal team kite which has some venting. Now in the pictures shown on R-Sky's sight the vent is small, yet Roger and the gang have changed many vents on their kites. For example, I have the first of the latest Nirvanas and it barely flys in 18mph whem framed up strong. It is vented a lot like the Q Pros, only a tad smaller in the wing vents, and larger in the drive vent in the nose.
 I had the Q-Pro's for a full season of compition. After the team won the worlds back to back. I bought a cistom set of them. My only issue even working woth a retired member of that winning team, was getting the wind brakes they all used....
I can tell you from experience in flying the kite the more weight you put in it the faster it falls towards the ground. So instead, i got R-Sky wind brakes, used a dual set one from the top spreader to the lower, the other from the out board leading edge to the out board stand off. Which, slowed the kite down on 300lb lines.
Remember that if the wind is gusty, and backs off. The kite stalls easily, and can be hard to recoverquickly.
  Over all it was a great kite, and a bit heavy handed. Yet i have allsorts of bridal and tweaks from the team. I owe them a lot in adapting to the kite, and the time he gave me and the two kites he sold me as well...

Mr. Ed
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:26 AM by Fast EDDY » Logged
juancho14d
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 10:33 PM »

hello, i am juan esteban cadavid from Colombia, South America

in 2001 I went to hawaii and Bought a kite in High Performance Kites, a Falhawk THP Platinum AVS unfortunately my kite spars are broken and i donīt know where can buy it or what specifications should I look for these spars to buy for my kite.

have already been many years without flying my kite and I wish I could fly it again

can you help me with this or you can refer me to someone? I would appreciate you can help me with some information

thank you very much

hoping to fly again

Juan E. Cadavid
ancnthiflr
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 11:52 PM »

I would recommend asking Jon Trenenpohl for advice, because there are spars now which are equal or better to the original THP spars. But the P 200 or P300 should work for the spreaders and leading edges.
But not too many spars come in the 43 inch length needed for the spine. It may have to be ferruled. For lengths, this is what I have.
You can try these:
Spar lengths

ULE:  32.5 inch          Winglet:  7.5 inch
LLE:   32.5                  Standoffs:  7.75 inch
LS:     30.625   (5/8)
US:     24.375   (3/8)
Spine:   43 inch

Good luck with your project.
tophenderl
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 02:03 PM »

popular in europe
for team (with a lot precision)
./fury vtd (robershaw)
./black bird vtd (contact Atelierkite)
./liberty (air one kite)
./krystal vtd (r'sky)
./quantum pro (prism)

for pair:
./slash vtd1 or vtd2 (atelierkites)
./masque Vmasque (atelierkites)
./nirvana or nse (r'sky)
./moa ou mini-moa (drole d'oiseau)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change