GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 10:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo Editing Software  (Read 1189 times)
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 03, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Always seems to be some intrest in good photo editing and organizing software, especially inexpensive.

Give Away Of The Day has the Zoner Photo Studio Pro as a free download today only, this is normally priced at $70. Zoner usually gets good reviews on their products and this one is no exception. Currently it is recieving one of the highest "Thumbs Up to Down" ratios I've seen. It has been mentioned in the reviews that its layers support is limited but if you aren't an advanced digital editor you probably won't miss it.

"Zoner Photo Studio 14 PRO Edition – full control over your photos!

Zoner Photo Studio 14 is the one-stop toolkit to help you manage, edit, and share your photos. Retouch pictures in the advanced Editor, or use the Manager to handle a thousand photos as easily as one. Then share easily anywhere! Version 14 brings easy work with Zonerama Web galleries and new technologies like GPU acceleration, Tone Mapping HDR, and advanced noise reduction.

Top Features:

• Zonerama online albums;
• RAW processing, HDR, Tone Mapping;
• Batch photo processing;
• Advanced noise reduction;
• Automatic photo enhancement;
• Full control over exposure and colors;
• Masking for selection-based edits;
• 3D photos and panoramas;
• Sharing on Facebook, Flickr, Picasa Web Albums;
• Web presentations.

Limitations: please note that “DVD slideshows” feature is not available in this version."

I haven't tried it yet personally but am downloading it now because the reviews and specs are so high and I'm in need of a good photo editor on a couple Win7 machines.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 01:32 PM »

Installed effortlessly on two machines, big bonus = no email registration required so no spam  Smiley 

A quick look through found all the functions and tools I use on a daily basis so it's pretty well layed out for anybody with a basic knowledge of photo editors. Good tooltips to ID the buttons on hover. Nice organizing pane and thumbnails view too. The features appeared to be pretty advanced especially compared to other freeware programs I've looked at and possibly better then some of the inexpensive stripped down versions of expensive editors. So far this one looks like a keeper for me.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Very cool, Mike. Downloaded it. Thanks for the heads up!

Bob
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Thanks for the head's up Mike!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:23 AM »

thanks alot Mike

have fun kurt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum