GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 08:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Goodwinds.com still in business ?  (Read 4190 times)
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: May 27, 2009, 01:54 PM »

I called many times and can't speak to a person and place an order....only answering machine  Cry.

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
Geoffrey Platt
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 02:04 PM »

I ordered some stuff from them about a month ago. I'd imagine they are still in business. It did however take them some time to get back to me.

Geoffrey Platt
Orlando, FL
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:38 PM »

I have found that they generally take some time to get stuff out, but my orders have always come eventually.
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 02:43 PM »

Last I heard...Kathy no longer owns the shop but has sold it to someone else.  I think they are still in business.

kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 03:10 PM »

Ordered and received some parts 11/2008

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

melnsct
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 06:11 PM »

I ordered online a couple of weeks ago and my package made it from WA to TN in less than a week!!!! 

Melanie in Tennessee
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 07:47 PM »

Cathy did sell the parts end of her biz!  It is located somewhere else in WA....can't remember the town name.  From what I understand it is still up and running but no longer affiliated with her Gasworks Kite Shop.   Embarrassed

The shop seems to be hanging on there in Seattle. If people in that area want to keep an actual Brick and Mortar shop in the area they should try and give her a little biz from time to time.  She may have to order something for you but at least she can stay in business!  A vanishing breed!  Embarrassed

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
GEB
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 08:16 PM »

Yes they are still in business. They are now located in Mount Vernon Washington. The new owner is named Leland. Business is good, so he is one busy guy. (206)632-6151.
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 12:01 PM »

Finally Kathy is trying to get some well deserved beach time...
Speaking of Beach time here attached is a photo of Kathy, her Mother who lived at Pacific Beach waaaay back in 1994.
Great to hear that Kathy's mother is still with us and doing well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:04 PM by Sketch » Logged
Toejam
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 01:47 PM »

is this a full kite store that they have in Mt Vernon? if so does anyone know where they are located?
Sketch

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 10:25 AM »

Yes they are still in business. They are now located in Mount Vernon Washington. The new owner is named Leland. Business is good, so he is one busy guy. (206)632-6151.
I hear they are located at 2816 Old Hwy. S. Rd in Mt Vernon..and is located apx. 200 yds. W. of I-5 just off exit 225.

The Seattle phone is shown above but perhaps they can give you more details?

my photo shot for today...is my HQ Shadow at Cannon Beach a few weeks ago. "THIS LITTLE KITE IS TOTALLY A HOOT N' A TOOT!"

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:17 AM by Sketch » Logged
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 12:53 PM »

I called Goodwinds last week and today. I still got answering machine.

I ordered some adhesive insignia tapes 3 weeks ago but my visa card statement shown Goodwinds charges my card on 27 May, 2009. What is going on there ? I still haven't receive my item.

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
Toejam
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 08:25 PM »

it sounds as if they are on Old 99, south of Mt Vernon, I will try and get over that way this weekend and see if i can find it......
Sketch

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 09:56 AM »

What's wrong with just calling and asking for Kathy at
206 655-4780 during business hours?

Sketch

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 10:39 AM »

Kidnappin this post....
but here in the photos below  is a vintage shot of the custom Goodwind FLASHLIGHT that I used for choro at Longbeach 1994 that was given to me by Todd and Kathy the morning of the event.

These custom made Goodwind Flashlights used #  Tri-wrapped Skyshark #12 tapered main spars with Golden skinnies for the leading edges. (The sail material was that beloved "ICY'REX:)
Because of this...this little light weight SUL could handle the slightest breeze up to about 15 or so...without too much trouble.

(Too many competition kiters seem to switch back n' forth between kites....never giving their brains enough time to train their muscle memory) Sticking with a wide range kite can really be an advantage for most mere mortals?
'Another modification was to deepen the sail with shorter spreaders with longer standoffs.
Sadly this kite was STOLEN out of my car at Longbeach a few weeks later...
For years afterward...Kathy, Todd, my kite buds and I... kept n' eye out for that kite to show up in the air or somewhere at the beach.

It had Kathy and Todd signatures on this kite...GADS! I STILL FEEL SO SHABBY by forgetting to make sure my car door was locked at the motel.
Lessons sadly learned....SO MANY OF US tend leave so much kite crap unattended in unlocked cars or sittin around the staging areas at kite events...where opportunities are soooo tempting for those with "sticky-finga's!"
I still feel strongly...that kiters are some of the most honest and caring folks and history has proven....that most stolen-kite stuff is NOT BY KITERS but simply by wandering spectators or folks that just want to turn a fast buck at a pawn shop somewhere?

These photos were taken waaaay back in 1994 when we lived in Auburn. I would bet this kite is no longer existance except in my memories of those great kites and daze days gone bye.
GADS! These photos make me feel OLD? Uhhh...I AM OLD! Embarrassed

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:44 AM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change