GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 05:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Goodwinds.com still in business ?  (Read 4207 times)
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 01:36 PM »

What's wrong with just calling and asking for Kathy at
206 655-4780 during business hours?

The big problem with that is that Cathy NO LONGER owns the parts biz! So, other than being a little upset that her name is affiliated with a parts store that MAY not be giving great service...not much she can do.  That number is to her store in Seattle, not the new parts biz in Mt. Vernon.

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 01:45 PM »

What's wrong with just calling and asking for Kathy at
206 655-4780 during business hours?

The big problem with that is that Cathy NO LONGER owns the parts biz! So, other than being a little upset that her name is affiliated with a parts store that MAY not be giving great service...not much she can do.  That number is to her store in Seattle, not the new parts biz in Mt. Vernon.

YES! WE KNOW KATHY'S  PHONE NUMBER IS THE SEATTLE STORE.
Humm? Do I feel you are trying to avoid talking with them? Would you like me to call for you? Kiss
SKITCH

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 01:56 PM »

Nevermind.

Personally, I have already spoken with Kathy's shop about parts and they told me they are NO LONGER in the biz and that they sold it.

Go ahead and give them a call.  I now buy my parts somewhere else!

Patrick

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
kiten00b
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 02:06 PM »

hey guys, there's a kite store right here that is our gracious host.
Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 02:06 PM »

I called many times and can't speak to a person and place an order....only answering machine  :'(.

Try => hereWink
kiten00b
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 02:11 PM »

gosh, in the old forum you got insta-moderated for even mentioning that there might be other kite stores elsewhere Lips sealed
SKITCH

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 03:06 PM »

gosh, in the old forum you got insta-moderated for even mentioning that there might be other kite stores elsewhere Lips sealed

I think Steve understands that there is absolutely no disrespect in this conversation.  It originated with an inquiry about a parts store still being in business.  The only mention of a kite shop has been to explain that the two entities..parts store/kite shop....are no longer owned by the same folks.  Steve sells a few replacement parts but kite building parts are not a huge chunk of his biz.   Wink

Patrick

Charlie Dunton
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 03:30 PM »

gosh, in the old forum you got insta-moderated for even mentioning that there might be other kite stores elsewhere
The key here being old forum
The guidelines set forth are no direct links so no harm no foul.
I had a great relationship with Kathy and Todd over the years and have one with Leland now.  If you need help contacting someone you can PM or email me and I will be glad to help out.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Sketch

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 07:39 PM »

hey guys, there's a kite store right here that is our gracious host.

THANKS A  FOR STEPPIN IN HERE!!
Steve and again, In no way was I attempting to steer him or anyone else away from GWTW!
However...since he already spent the $$$ I thought it was at least a good idea that he should still get what he had already paid in full for and I just couldn't let anyone think that Kathy or GasWorks would pull this kind of bad business practice on purpose after serving all of our local kite community for many decades?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:48 PM by Sketch » Logged
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 07:51 PM »

I sent Goodwinds an e-mail earlier and I got a reply from them Tongue. The items that I ordered earlier are now on its way to Canada Cheesy.

I guess I will place my order via e-mail Wink.

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 09:54 PM »

Actually, in the "old forum" you got insta-moderated if you linked to another kite store. mention of other kite stores was, in fact, fine.

From what Steve has told me, there seems to be some good news on the parts and accessories front with some new blood entering the fray.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:02 PM by JimB » Logged
Sketch

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 08:09 AM »

From what Steve has told me, there seems to be some good news on the parts and accessories front with some new blood entering the fray.

Now that is some VERY GOOD NEWS...since so my old kites and even new ones are taking quite a beating lately and in need of some pretty good TLC and maintence.
 Cry
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change