GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 08:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft's SKYDRIVE???  (Read 2183 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 08, 2012, 04:56 PM »

Just got n' E mail from a friend who loves his Microsoft "SKYDRIVE." picture storage site and I was quite impressed with the photos that he sent to my of a week end flying get together.

However he has a huge amount of computer skills and some quality photo equipment that are waaaaaaaaaay about my meager tired n' retirement funds that is twindling down to a precious few $$$?

HAS ANYONE TRIED USING SKYDRIVE for sending and saving photos? etc?
red sweater

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 08:51 AM »

I don't get the comment about money. It looks like you get 7GB of storage for free. Why not try it out yourself?

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 09:23 AM »

i would guess (and have not looked into it) that it works like Box & DropBox & Google Drive...

easy to share files (all sorts).......

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44 AM »

+1 for google drive/docs
Not as much a fan of dropbox, it seems to fill up fast for what we use it for

Sine Metu!
Sketch

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 11:26 AM »

I don't get the comment about money. It looks like you get 7GB of storage for free. Why not try it out yourself?
TRULY...Not about the money...but I truly don't want to go through the same experience that happened when I tried to "sample" their new bail out saile to "SMILE!" Shocked

Especially when I found it extremely difficult and downright  annoying that it took such an effort and needless amount of time in order to remove that SMILE  program with my windows 7 "add & remove" feature that for some reason seem unable to REMOVE-------without RESTORING MY COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER DATE? 
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:34 AM »

do you want to be able ot just transfer files easily between people on line? or do you want to share pictures and have them shown online?

If you just want to transfer files I would push you towards google drive and dropbox.   Both of these programs are web based but they also have downloadable software that is easy to use...

If you want to share pictures I would push you towards Picasa and Photobucket and flickr.   Picasa has a program that you can download...it is super easy to use and in the program it will identify and who you every picture image in your hard drive...this is great if you have a lot of photos saved away like i do....
Photobucket and flickr are both completely web based without any software (that I am aware of) needed in your computer.

note: Flickr is owned by Yahoo...so if you have a yahoo account that makes it a little simpler...
Picasa is a Google product...so if you have a gmail account/google+ account this makes picasa easier to use....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 02:28 PM »

I use picasa and flicr. Like Rob say's if this is what you are after they are REALLY easy and work wellhttps://picasaweb.google.com/grddumas/KP9?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCK378dzf9J_GIw&feat=directlink

have fun kurt
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 07:30 PM »

As I recall if you put Google+ on your android phone you also receive unlimited storage on Picasa. A big + for us 'Droid users.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum