GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 01:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: synergy deca 6 ul  (Read 2734 times)
sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+77)

« on: October 09, 2012, 01:32 PM »

looking for specs for a deca 6 ul have most parts but the tappered ones are broke and directions say to insert to center spar with ferrule this center has like a ferrule wrapped in it and says stiff on it  is it the right one

Steve & Sherri
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:34 PM »

What? Steve: do you have a picture???
also need the date it was made - would be the serial # on the spreader reinforcement....

any luck shipping out my rods?HuhHuh

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
sunsetflyers

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 05:10 PM »

straightened out all my rods today just dont know which ones are yours i have them just dont know size i know you needed one and i got three but it seems i have 7 sizes that i have three of thats when i found the deca had broken rods or broken rod its a tapered carbon wrapped rod i have many tapered rods i was going to put super skinnys in but too small the kite says deca 6 ul on it its about 8ft tall without rods in it and doesnt have a hole in sail like my ther ones i will get serial   brb   it says 95-27 it looks like i have rods with silver ends go to silver end caps then the other rods two are tapered on taper has internal ferrule other has no ferrule but it is split the center one i have two same size one says stiff on it and is a little beefier the other is smaller in size but same inside like one was for higher winds i will change both tapers out to 3pt tapers thats what the others say does that sound right

Steve & Sherri
sunsetflyers

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 11:47 AM »

specs say 6.65 carbon rods on deca 6 can i use 2 wrap instead they will fit and they are light or should i use the ul tapered rods that came with it if i use these they are sloppy in end cap if i use rev rods i have to reem washer out a tiny bit

Steve & Sherri
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Okay.....

there are a couple of different frames for the 6....
the skins are the same, just the framing is different.

For one of your age that should have GForce Skinny ULs on the tips and a GForce rod in between - iirc it should be the lightest excel GForce Rod...NEEDS to have both ends reinforced....

Most 6s had a .2650 carbon frame...pultruded.....great frame.....

I also had 2 6s that had Rev sticks in them.....these were both 1994 and older.

You can use what ever rods you want on it...it will be fine...tapered rods work best for the UL framing on the wing tips.....it is a tension based frame so there should be no slop anyhow......
i would plug the ends of the tapered rods to make sure that they do not get crushed.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
sunsetflyers

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 04:40 PM »

yes rob i have skinnys but on the taper small end goes into the gold colored end caps they are 6.00 inside and tapered rodss are alot smaller i can put vynil caps on to make them tight and put solid rod inside on ends and internal ferrules  they have to have tapered because washers that the rod goes  through the hole is small

Steve & Sherri
sunsetflyers

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 04:46 PM »

if i go with 2650 rods they don't fit in the washers so thats why i say tapered i have avia std avia ul and avia sul all in tapered if i use race rods i would have to make hole in washer larger or put washer on ferrule in between rods  but i don't like that idea i can also  change end caps to accept the taper rods and plug ends with solid fiberglass 

Steve & Sherri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document