GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sky Sport Design Kite: Tekken DOA  (Read 19047 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18 PM »

When I saw the title of this post I thought "wow, that's kinda harsh".

Allen, AKA kitehead
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 12:32 PM »

tekken..like the video game?.. i always liked playing as the bear or the 'tree man'

doa...dead or alive..like the band?..oh i get it big hit, you spin me round! Cheesy

I still hear the robocop quote in my head "dead or alive, your coming with me" Cheesy

Sine Metu!
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 01:34 PM »

That link has "Dead or Alive" (video game series ) as the top result

When you precede a Google search with define: you should get, stick with me here, a definition first and then whatever links they throw up. It's one of the neat tricks with The Google that a lot of people don't know about, like unit and currency conversions. If you don't get this you may need to reinstall your internets.

Mike.

How do I do this reinstall you speak of? Wink

I am aware of these features. Perhaps it doesn't show the definition because it's google.no, and I'm in the US? Google.com does show a definition for me before the search results. Your link (as I said) does not, however.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 01:38 PM »

I had a movie call TEKKEN DOA is very cool to watch, Bought the movie in Aisa. Also just buy the DOA 5 lastest game for Xbox 360. Very cool fighting game. So the kite will do the same thing combo tricking action none stop. Just like Kung Fu fighting style. That is where the name come from. Wait until you see the graphics on the kite and you will understand why the kite name TEKKEN DOA. I give the name to match with the kite. Few year back when I compete, some time we have no wind at all and we have to Fly or Die that is the story come from. Thank you for reading this.

Here is the link on Amazon where you can buy the Movie if you are interested. The movie just like Hot trick shoot out in kitting. The last fighter standing will be the champ. Very cool and great story.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZHVJFK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003ZHVJFA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0TNDT70Z1HSWQE5CX65R

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:20 PM by Fearless Object » Logged
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Oh ....that one....almost forgot about it already..........smooth flyer ...............goes real low, just the ticket for the inland winds we get at the hill........It's also got that little thingy on the spine that Mike wants............Fearless are pretty darn precise as it is, but a bigger Team kite that flys tricks...........gotta fly that one..............and then, like tom says Christmas is comin' Grin.....just around the corner..........you KNOW nobody steered you wrong on your Fearlaes.............but them ten vents on the SUV are truly sublime          Huh

Jim

Hold on...10 vents, but goes low?  Hmm, not what I had thought.  I was thinking it was vented for the high wind days and getting excited...
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 05:52 PM »

So, if you all ready have a Fearless vented light, what does the FearDevil SUV do better ? Is it just a looks thing ? Should I just forget the FearDevil and start saving for the Tekken DOA ? Can't wait to see the design...

justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 06:59 PM »

I had the impression that the FearDevils were basically Fearless kites with extra appliqué work...am I wrong in this?
rudyy
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 07:17 PM »

I think the SUV has more vents and more artwork.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Just to illustrate the evolution....

Fearless

Fearless Devil Vented Light

Fearless Devil Ultimate Suv 3.2 Custom

(Lam has shown a pic. of his own kite with a couple more accents)

Do you like the way I chose similar colours  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
rudyy
Trade Count: (+12)

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Zippy,

Very beautiful kites. 

Rudy
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2012, 10:24 PM »

They are all Fearless.  The venting in the ultimate does add something for sure, but I don't think you need a vented light and also an ultimate.   Rob, if you don't have the reverse turbo on your vented light (or your SUL for that matter), I would try it out - very sweet.

Go for the new shiny Tekken - I have it from a very reliable source that this new kite is 'all that and a bag of chips'!

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Oh ....that one....almost forgot about it already..........smooth flyer ...............goes real low, just the ticket for the inland winds we get at the hill........It's also got that little thingy on the spine that Mike wants............Fearless are pretty darn precise as it is, but a bigger Team kite that flys tricks...........gotta fly that one..............and then, like tom says Christmas is comin' Grin.....just around the corner..........you KNOW nobody steered you wrong on your Fearlaes.............but them ten vents on the SUV are truly sublime          Huh

Jim

Hold on...10 vents, but goes low?  Hmm, not what I had thought.  I was thinking it was vented for the high wind days and getting excited...

Almost all of Lam's kites will go very high, with or without vents.  Our SUV will fly easily at 2 MPH because of the light framing and the vents add to the tricking and smooth out the inland winds.  Lam told me it will fly low to medium, which tells me I probably wouldn't want to fly it higher than 15 MPH........I have flown it in 12 MPH at the coast and it was wonderful......really smooth............ Wink

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
RobB

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 04:52 AM »

I have the reverse turbo on my Fearless Tattoo, and yes, it's sweet. Just flew it yesterday, and it just keeps getting better with age. That kite's been in my 'A' bag for three years now. I am looking forward to getting my vented light back from repair, I haven't flown it in over a year... don't even remember what bridle it has on it.

coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 01:02 PM »

Aside from the acronymal* bickering how about a pic Tom.....
      Mike
* I made that word up so do not look in the OED for it.
ko

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 03:47 PM »

#1-all the vents and aplique in the world wont help unless youve got the "string thing"
#2 next time you are in a hospital HOPE that its dead or alive. The only DOA in the medical field is what you dont want to be
regards Kurt PS Mike your kites are BEAUTIFUL

have fun kurt
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography