GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 10:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sky Sport Design Kite: Tekken DOA  (Read 21474 times)
Schook
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26 AM »

Is it just the camera angle, or are the stand offs kind of short?

"The wise will listen; and the other wise will do otherwise"
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2012, 08:58 AM »

Tom, Thank you very much for all your support over the year. I do appreciate. Another new toy to play with Smiley

Thank you everyone.

Good day !
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 11:37 AM »

Lam,

Bring one to Toronto and let me test flying it.

Rudy
Fearless Object

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 05:42 PM »

No Problem my friend. hopefully the weather is nice and smooth wind Smiley

Good day.
Kantaxel

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2012, 02:11 PM »

PS Mike your kites are BEAUTIFUL
This is true but of the Fearlesseseseses in the pictures only the middle one is mine. The others are for illustrative purposes only.

And I haven't cast a shadow like that since well before I could shave.

Mike.

I presume you have, by now, tasted the KOOL-ADE Undecided  .Would you have any observations about the sweetness of the concoction that you'd like to share with us?

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Meh.  Embarrassed

Mike.
I agreee with Mike. I was hoping for something without eyes

Sine Metu!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2012, 02:34 PM »

Here is a picture of mine still in Dr Lam's Laboratory.

6 kite tom
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2012, 04:37 PM »

I like it... it echoes designs of the past. I think it will be my 2013 kite. I'm trying to only buy one kite per year now. 2012 was the Solus. 2011 was the Seven. Any word on weight & venting options ? Wind range of the Tekken DOA std ? Yes, I'm getting all wound up...   Shocked

Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 09:06 PM »

I think it will be my 2013 kite. I'm trying to only buy one kite per year now.
...... I'm getting all wound up...   Shocked

I must be meeting my kite addiction. Use to buy a kite a month. Now no kite for four months.  Huh

But this kite is getting me all wound up too  Grin    I can see this being my kite for 2013  Cool
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 09:18 PM »

I love the Kool Aid and this newest flavor is looking pretty sweet to me. I have been known to drink my share, tuck a little pinch between my cheek and gum, maybe run a Kool Aide IV drip once in a while too. Ahhhhhhh chock full of trickin' bliss baby.

I like the look too, Lam made it and anything form him in the last decade or so has eyes. When I see eyes, I see tricking fun, so it looks even better. The more I fly them and enjoy the tricking the better and better they look.

All kidding aside, his kites have a far eastern whimsical theme to them that works for many of us. Some just can't handle but I can just fine. They look good in the air and are definitely unique and super well made. Lam cares how his kites look, every one. He'll talk you out of color combos he thinks don't work well. But the bottom line is they trick bad ass good Wink I'm kind of anxious to trick the Tekken.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Fearless Object

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13 AM »

I am in Toronto now, it is raining very bad here, that is life what can I do Smiley

I am sorry for who does not like eyes on the kite, to me it is a focus point when you fly the kite, bewteen you and the kite are eyes contact to each other, The flying and the tricks make you fly better I think. TEKKEN is the one, fly so smooth and the trick are so easy then ever. Precision and Taz is like no tomorrow Smiley as right now I had tested in the light and std version are very good sofar, Next one will be SUL and vented and I am done. Of course a little video that would be great to show you what is TEKKEN DOA meaning Smiley

Have a great day fun out there Smiley
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2012, 07:15 AM »

Hey Lam, The weather forecast for Sunday is clear skies with winds 20/25 kmh, so we should be having a good day.
Looking forward to meeting up with you and the other guys, and having a go with the TEKKEN DOA.  Cheesy       
                                                                                                                                                             tempest.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2012, 07:46 AM »

TEKKEN is the one, fly so smooth and the trick are so easy then ever. Precision and Taz is like no tomorrow Smiley

i think i have heard this before Wink

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
rudyy

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2012, 10:43 AM »

Hey Lam, The weather forecast for Sunday is clear skies with winds 20/25 kmh, so we should be having a good day.
Looking forward to meeting up with you and the other guys, and having a go with the TEKKEN DOA.         
                                                                                                                                                             tempest.

I cannot wait to meet up with Lam and you, William. 

Rudy
Fearless Object

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2012, 11:27 AM »

Mr William, please tell me where is this place where we are going to fly. I will be meetining Rudy at the Uper Canada Mall on Young Street and David Drive in Newmarket. Rudy told me at Bayview and where Huh I forgot.

Thanks a lot
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document