GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 06:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sky Sport Design Kite: Tekken DOA  (Read 20111 times)
sluggo
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55 PM »

infinite linear extension isn't logical or natural
Really ? If I double my speed, I travel twice as far in the same time. If I halve my speed, I travel half as far. Choose your multiples the relationship still stands. That's a linear relationship that can be extended infinitely, both logically and naturally.

Once you get up to relativistic velocities, you may have a hard time continuing to double your speed, and the elapsed time depends on whose watch you're consulting.

More seriously - linear relationships are often simplified models that are only useful within a restricted domain. Galileo's various weights all hit the ground at the same time, but a feather would take a lot longer.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2012, 02:23 PM »

infinite linear extension isn't logical or natural
Really ? If I double my speed, I travel twice as far in the same time. If I halve my speed, I travel half as far. Choose your multiples the relationship still stands. That's a linear relationship that can be extended infinitely, both logically and naturally.

Once you get up to relativistic velocities, you may have a hard time continuing to double your speed, and the elapsed time depends on whose watch you're consulting.

More seriously - linear relationships are often simplified models that are only useful within a restricted domain. Galileo's various weights all hit the ground at the same time, but a feather would take a lot longer.

This old engineering joke seems relevant:

An Engineer and Mathematician (males) were given the opportunity to compete for a very attractive woman. There was one condition: "You can only run half the remaining distance between you and the lady". The Engineer sprinted forward while the Mathematician didn't. "Why aren't you running?" asked members of the Committee. Because, said the Mathematician, by definition, I will never be allowed to reach my target. And you Engineer why ARE you running? Don't you know the same? Yes, said the Engineer my learned friend is correct, but I will get close enough for all practical purposes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:28 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2012, 03:13 PM »

Iam in Taiwan Airport waiting to go, Just checking in all the intresting stories from everyone Smiley There nothing to do here until the plane arrives Smiley it is raining here in Taiwan and not good for kite flying.

Hello Tom, would you please post the white Fearless SUV for me, I try to post and never work for me.

Good day.
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2012, 03:22 PM »

My Pirate Tekken (Jolly Roger) DOA

Light/Standard Hybrid

CV

ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2012, 04:03 PM »

You got a fine looking kite there
I like the black better than the white now.. Grin

"Do what you like"
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2012, 04:24 PM »

Yeah doggies... it is all I hoped it would be!
CV

tpatter

« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Yeah doggies... it is all I hoped it would be!
CV

++1!   I tell you, every time I go out to fly, I keep pulling this one out of the bag!  Smiley

-Tom

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2012, 08:26 PM »

See this link for some SUL goodness.

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=8855.msg77850#msg77850

6 kite tom
Fearless Object

« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Thanks Tom, great pictures.  Here is very hot and windy, sofar no flying kite yet, as soon as the weather is good I will make some video and take some pictures Smiley for now I spend some to design and making some new wrist straps and fingger straps and kite bags Smiley I Found some very nice material and very comfortable, cool looking graphics on it Smiley

Good day.
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2012, 07:35 AM »

Hi
Can anyone tell the wing-span size of Lam'n new kite ?
Thanks a lot
boris
rudyy
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2012, 01:52 PM »

I may order the exact same one that cerfvoliste has, the pirate Light/Std hybrid.

.. will see how it goes after Lam returning to Vancouver.  I am going to break my own rule owning more than one set of kite.

Rudy
tpatter

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2012, 03:35 PM »

This is what mine is as well (as is Lams).   I think it's the default configuration.

6 kite tom
Fearless Object

« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2012, 05:35 AM »

One rule is bad, too many rule is bad also. So think twice and move ahead, no matter what happen Smiley Rudy the forest will be with you Smiley nothing to worry my friend Smiley

At the moment I am Designing new Wrist straps and finger straps and FWS combind all in one. Also new kite bag will be done soon, very cool looking, Stay intouch Smiley

Have a nice day my friend.
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2012, 06:10 AM »

Lam, I have one pair of Your straps. Very nice and clean design, no knots and apsolutly free for caching lines during fly.....
Thank You
best
boris  Smiley
Fearless Object

« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2012, 09:33 PM »

Thanks Boris, Now I am making new one call FWS Fingger and Wrist straps all in one. Feeling very good and comfortable when using it.

Good day my friend.
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document