GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High wind/Vented Team Kite  (Read 3510 times)
jecko
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 18, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Good am/pm to everyone,

Do you guys have any suggestions or reviews on Highwind/Vented Team Kite I could purchase in the market today?

Something not overly price, maybe around the range of US$250-$350.

Thank you,
Ian.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 08:40 PM »

Would help if you could specific the intended flying style of the team.
Classic figure/ballet, trick party pair etc.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 10:09 PM »

One of the best current team kites is the Prism Qpro and probably the only one that will come close to your budget.  Team cutting edge was known to fly their vents in 30mph a few times in a fly or die kind of thing but they were mostly ballet/precision.  THere are others out there but most that I know of run $400+ for a vented model.
jecko

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:03 AM »

I'm looking more at precision/ballet kite. I just starting to fly in a team.  We have chosen an SUL option. We have made  standard Team kites. 

:-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 05:14 AM »

Best vented team kite that I'm aware of and that's currently in production is the Airdynamics T5 V2 (mega-vent). At the moment, the most vented kite that we fly as a team is a mega-vent Matrix, but that one is no longer in production. The Matrix kites that we have are definitely used, but have plenty of life in them yet; when they've reached the end of their life, a mega-vent T5 is very likely to replace them (based on what's available at the moment).

But including shipping etc, the price of a mega-vent T5 will be well above your price range  Embarrassed

jecko

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Thanks Dromel,

Airdynamics T5 is an option we looking at,(have to raise the budget tho) Undecided
The question is..... which would be better choice V1 or V2. ? Hmmm.

Ian.
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 11:47 PM »

The question is..... which would be better choice V1 or V2.

Guess that depends on the winds you are most likely to encounter! Don't forget that the V2 is a variable vent, i.e. it has patches which can be added or removed depending on the wind.

hawkerhunter

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 07:25 AM »

Jest Of Eve Talon vented. Top end of your budget but well worth a look.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 09:32 AM »

Anyone know anything about the vented predictions from Flying Wings? I dont know much about them, but they could be worth looking into?

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 09:39 AM »

Do you guys have any suggestions or reviews on Highwind/Vented Team Kite I could purchase in the market today?

Thank you,
Ian.

Revolution B Series Full Vent
CV

jecko

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Thank you,
Ian.

Revolution B Series Full Vent
CV

Ooops , my bad.
i forgot to mention, I'm looking for Dual Lines sport kites.  Wink
jecko

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Anyone know anything about the vented predictions from Flying Wings? I dont know much about them, but they could be worth looking into?

I believe Team Airrex and a some Asian Teams are using Vented Prediction. Team Airrex do fly Vented Fury too. Although Prediction have the whole range .. We prefer the low wind option for Prediction (UL or SUL).  Smiley
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 11:18 PM »

High wind/Vented Team Kite
Quote from: hawkerhunter
Jest Of Eve Talon vented.
Team Kite

Team Kite

Team

The Talon is many things but a Team kite is not one of them.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
hawkerhunter

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 04:52 AM »

Why? Please explain.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 05:30 AM »

Why? Please explain.

To quote the Jest of Eve website directly:- The Talon is a superb all round trick kite and it is. But the demands of a Team kite are quite different from those of a trick kite.

A trick kite needs to do a lot of stuff, a Team kite is expected to do less but needs to do it Every Single Time. The major defining characteristic looked for in a Team kite is consistency and this is somewhat at odds with the capacity to pull off a bangin' trick.

Feel free to disagree with this sentiment safe in the knowledge that I can back it up with decades' worth of data  Wink I'd be delighted to watch a Team of Talons or Deep Spaci or Akujii but I suspect that what I'd be seeing is several people flying kites at the same time, rather than Team flying.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography