GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 05:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rev 1 t300 project  (Read 824 times)
alleykat
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: October 21, 2012, 06:39 PM »

OK I picked up a Rev 1 t300 version that has the older bridle and fittings on it. Does anyone know what material these woere made from and is it worth my time updating the bridle and all the other fittings to the newer ones. It has the metal fittings for the rods on it now and the bridle is shorter on the bottom than the top. Thanks for any input.  Grin

Alleykat
Field of Strings
Darkside Newbie
goestoeleven
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:38 PM »

I've got a couple of those just like your kite, with the metal caps . . . . and welcome to the dark side (your profile says dark side newbie  Smiley). 

If I recall my rev history correctly, the old bridles were designed for a line set that had different length top and bottom lines, and the line sets have "old school" snap swivel clips to attach to the handles and bridle loops on the kite.  I have a couple of those line sets with the clips as well . . . never bothered to use them.  If your kite came with lines & handles, you might want to stake the lines out to check the lengths.

If it didn't come with a line set, I'd say you can just get a new bridle, and you should be fine with your existing rev line set.  You'd probably save a little weight by replacing the end caps with new ones without the metal, but not that much.

Which reminds me . . . I need a couple new-school Rev 1 bridles.  And maybe some new Rev 2 bridles . . . and maybe some stacking lines.  Uh oh . . . must resist kite purchases . . . .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:42 PM by goestoeleven » Logged
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:21 PM »

Your best bet would be to purchase new bridles.  We have them in stock.  Price is $12.00 each.  If you have the old school linesets that are different lengths, you will need to either add pigtails to your handles or re-tie the linesets so they are all equal length.

alleykat
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Kent, Thanks. I sent you an e-mail about the bridle and other things for it.

Alleykat
Field of Strings
Darkside Newbie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography